Shimano ultegra help.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hawkridge

Hello, this is my first post on the forum.
I have a Boardman team carbon, it is heavily upgraded with hope carbon seatpost, fizik Antares r1, prime rr50 v3 Carbon wheels, prime primavera carbon handle bars, ultegra cassette, brakes and now I am looking at fitting the full ultegra drive train. - i have attached a picture. I know some people will say that I've spent a lot of money on what is a fairly cheap bike but I enjoy the upgrading aspect of things and working on your bike, and it has been nothing but reliable.
Next up is to change the current stock FSA gossamer crank set to an ultegra gc-6700 one.
They are both compact 50/34t. The bottom bracket that is currently on is a pf30 which I assume means press fit.
I am aware that the crank spindal or what eve it is called is a different diameter and wouldn't fit in my current bottom bracket. My question is what bottom bracket do I need for my fc-6700 crankset and what are the problems surrounding the pressfit/threaded situation?
All help is massively appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Jack

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I believe it’s the BB86 pressfit BB for the Hollowtech 2 type cranksets. You’ll need some special tools to remove and fit, there are many helpful videos on youtube.
There’s the age old occasional problem of noises associated with pressfit types but if you install correctly you should be okay. Nice bike.

Hello and :welcome: to the forum.

Last edited:
Top Bottom