Shimano Ultegra SL Groupset (FSA Carbon Crankset)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LazyLoki

Hi guys,

I'm buying this bike in the coming week but I want to build it up with a SRAM Force groupset so I'm selling on the bits that it comes with in order to help fund the new gruppo.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bmc/race-master-slx-2009-road-bike-ec020515?query=bmc

Groupset will include:

STI Shifters
FSA SL-K Light Carbon Crankset 50-34 Teeth (inc BB Cups)
Front and Rear Brakes
Front Derailleur (Braze-on)
Rear Derailleur (Short cage)
Casette 12-27 Teeth
Chain
Cables

Everything is Ultegra SL other than the crankset which is the FSA SL-K Light Carbon. There wont be any packaging as it'll be coming straight off the bike but it'll be brand new. I know the website says that the bike comes with Ultegra SL crankset but it is the FSA one thats on the bike. I've seen it. Got it on deposit waiting for me! ;)

Only thing I'll have to check with the shop is the crankarm length but IIRC they are 172.5mm.

This would be ideal for someone looking to upgrade their existing bike all at once. Cheapest i can find the groupset for online is £450 at Chain Reactions and this crankset sells for about £310. Looking for £425 including postage.

If you have any questions then just send me a PM.

Thanks!

OP
OP
L

LazyLoki

Oh, incidentally I'll not be needing the saddle, bars or stem (100mm IIRC) either so I'll chuck them in too! They're SCOR Racing...Never heard of them so I'm guessing that they are BMCs own. Just need a frame, seatpost and wheels now! ;)

OP
OP
L

LazyLoki

Damn it, the shop has noticed that the bike is supposed to come with the Ultegra SL crankset and the FSA one has miraculously been replaced. Now selling as a complete Ultegra SL Groupset for £375.

jay clock

Massive member
I have one of those bikes - just got it in September and sadly have put it away for the winter. That price online looks excellent. Wiggle have the frames for £1275.

I put Ultegra SL on mine for £450 from Merlin Cycles as I did not want the Campag stuff the shop had built it into. My total cost was about £2050 for the bike fully built up so £1800 sounds amazing.

The bike does look great now - just need spring to come so I can put the winter one away!

OP
OP
L

LazyLoki

Yeah it's a nice bike. What wheels have you built it up with? When you bought yours did you find that you had to go a size down from what you would normally take? It's quite a big bike, the 52cm model has a 54.5mm top tube.

jay clock

Massive member
I had Scott Speedster marked as "large 56cm". My BMC is a 54cm. I trust my LBS a lot and he said you need a bit smaller on the BMC. I was able to ride it first.

The wheels I have are Easton Circuits. They get very good reviews for strength and I am heavy. http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/wheels/wheelsets/easton/PRD_143270_2490crx.aspx I have another pair that have done about 2000km and they are still straight, which for me is excellent going!

jay clock

Massive member
(For some reason editing not permitted in this forum....) Was just going to add that I went up to the loft to look at my BMC and it reminded me how stunning it is

Top Bottom