Shimano XT Cassette, Help Needed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
som3blok3

som3blok3

Yes, the new chain is only a week old and I laid it on the floor next to the old chain, it was three links too long so I cut it down. It's been fine on the SRAM 11-32.

OP
OP
som3blok3

som3blok3

Spent all morning so far with the Park Tool H + L screw and indexing 'How To' docs and upside down it shifts fine, sounds fine and looks fine. As soon as I jump on the pedals it's still making the noise/grinding.

As mentioned, the chain will only be an issue if it on the large sprockets but it's grinding on every cog.

Maybe as rusky said, SRAM X5 shifters and Mech isn't usable with Shimano XT cassette and hub.

Anybody else got anything to throw in??

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Sounds to me something shifts under load when it shouldn't.

Since you said earlier the SRAM cassette doesn't reproduce this phenomenon, I wonder if a spacer is missing or of the wrong thickness with the XT, so perhaps you can check when the lock ring is tightened the sprockets are absolutely secured against side-to-side movement?

Sounds to me something shifts under load when it shouldn't.

Since you said earlier the SRAM cassette doesn't reproduce this phenomenon, I wonder if a spacer is missing or of the wrong thickness with the XT, so perhaps you can check when the lock ring is tightened the sprockets are absolutely secured against side-to-side movement?

You might have hit the nail on the head there, as I had the same problem when I changed Cassetes as I had forgotten to put the spacer on for the Shimano Cassette

Top Bottom