ShinyBikes.com

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
dellzeqq

Can't PM as have just joined after searching for Shiny Bikes problems but would appreciate if you could pm me as a few members of my club use them and I have an issue currently

Thanks

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the money has been repaid!

Personally I'd still not touch them with a ten foot pole, though

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
They tend to be highly competitive on pricing, but even before this I'd read more than a few complaints about them, enough for me not to have done any business with them. Probably only slightly less unpleasant to deal with than Dave Hinde.....

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
http://www.shinybikes.com/

don't. Just don't. PM me for details, but, whatever you do, do not part with the money

and if somebody wants to put a link to this over at YACF or wherever, just go for it

They are called shinybikes, can you realistically expect much, if their marketing department rely on bikes being shiny to make a sale! :tongue:

I can imagine the conversation

"What shall we call our bike shop?"
"Bikes are shiny, I like the shiny shiny, Shinybikes, yeah shiny, thems be shiny bikes *licks top tube*, tastes shiny, like shiny stuff, do you like Shiny bikes? I like shiny bikes"
"Yeah, lets call it Shinybikes".

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
They are called shinybikes, can you realistically expect much, if their marketing department rely on bikes being shiny to make a sale! :tongue:

I can imagine the conversation

"What shall we call our bike shop?"
"Bikes are shiny, I like the shiny shiny, Shinybikes, yeah shiny, thems be shiny bikes *licks top tube*, tastes shiny, like shiny stuff, do you like Shiny bikes? I like shiny bikes"
"Yeah, lets call it Shinybikes".
You feeling ok dude? Quit licking your Slice, the neighbours are watching.

Thanks for the info dellzeqq - just received my delivery 4 weeks after placing order and 2 weeks after cancelling by email and phone so now need to start the process of returning the goods and getting a refund - wish me luck.

rabithole

i parted with 1000 pounds. they can't seem to answer their phone or reply to e-mails to give me my tracking number.
so 5 days after they say they have shipped my order, no tracking number.
doubt i'll be back there after "hopefully" receiving this one.

Johnny Dry

I have a terrible experience.
They shipped to the wrong address, the item returned to sender, but guess, the sender address was insufficient. The package stayed at the courrier depot for 20 days, even with 15 e-mails and phone calls to solve the problem.
At the end, they did not refund my money, about US$ 1,100.That was my second order. The first one I had problems with stock. About 50 days do ship it.

Never more "darky bikes".

budikmar

Hi,

I ordered derailleur a paid (3.3.2014). Order has status Processed and they don't respond to email. Does exist the company?

Help me, pleas.

Martin

Last edited by a moderator:

Onyer

I wish I had seen this thread before I dealt with Shiny Bikes Ltd, now based in Antrim. Here are my experiences with this company. Back at the beginning of March I ordered a frame, groupset and other bits and pieces.
The good – Just after placing the order I noticed that the manufacturer had a special offer of free forks with the frame. A quick email to Fraser, who runs Shiny Bikes, asking if he would match the offer, which he did and a refund for the forks was applied to my credit card. Within a week the frame, forks and some other bits and pieces was delivered. But inner tubes were missing, even though the delivery note had said they were included.
The bad – When I ordered everything I phoned Fraser and he said he would put aside the groupset for me as there was a big demand for them. A month later, following a number of emails and phone calls, the groupset arrived. However the components were not in the manufacturer's original boxes. For example the chain was loose in a plastic bag, with a home made label, and the connecting pin was not included. The front mech was a braze on, even though I ordered one with a band. The brakes and shifters were in plastic bags. I was just not happy, especially after having waited for so long, so I sent them back. To be fair my credit card was refunded with the cost of the groupset as soon as they received the parcel. However under the distant selling regulations they should have refunded my postage as well – they didn't.
The ugly – The stem I ordered was not very pretty and so I arranged with Fraser to send it back and asked for a refund. The tyres and inner tubes had never been delivered so I asked for a refund. Two months later I am still waiting for the refund of £105. Fraser has replied to one email to say that he would make the refund. However he has ignored numerous other emails. I have phoned a number of times and he always has an excuse – too busy, staff training, holidays. I have now handed the issue over to my credit card company to sort out.

Would I deal with these guys again? Snowballs in hell come to mind!!!!!

Top Bottom