ShinyBikes.com

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Doesn't @theclaud own a particularly shiny bike?
Never trusted the girl myself:whistle:

P1050380_zpsc02cee17.jpg

lejogger

Guru
I bought some tyres from this company, two years ago; they were particularly good value and they arrived very quickly indeed.

I have a similar experience. Two Michelin Krylion Carbon tyres last July without any issue, so therefore wouldn't normally hesitate in using them again should they stock items that were competitively priced and they're fairly local. Thanks for the heads up.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Two Michelin Krylion Carbon tyres last July without any issue,
. . . and they're fairly local.

That's what I ordered.

They may be local, but I don't think I'll order from them again - unless I actually call in to their HQ/warehouse. If they tried to 'fleece' me of £200, I'd be round on their doorstep.

bainy16

ive just opened a case against them with pay pal leg warmers ordered 3 weeks ago and still not received cant get through to them on the number provided avoid shinybikes.com IMO really poor service wont be making a purchase from them again

Davidc

Guru
Glad to hear there's a refund on the way DZ. That's why virtually all of my online buying is done on a Barclaycard. They've been excellent on the couple of occasions I've had trouble (a bankruptcy and a bent company).

Credit cards offer much better protection than debit cards or Paypal.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
this was on a debit card, but it's one of those fancy-dan, kissyoass debit cards that you get when you're a telly mogulette

Davidc

Guru
Well done then. Hope Barclays go for Shinybikes now. Probably depends how much they and others lose to them.

asterix

Comrade Member
Glad to hear there's a refund on the way DZ. That's why virtually all of my online buying is done on a Barclaycard. They've been excellent on the couple of occasions I've had trouble (a bankruptcy and a bent company).

Credit cards offer much better protection than debit cards or Paypal.

Does the protection apply below £100? Or is it card's T&C dependent?

Had a good experience on ebay when a buyer sold me scaffolding that was 2m shorter than advertised. I got the money back and still have the scaffolding (bought the missing 2m elsewhere). Paypal; don't think it'd have worked if I'd paid cash like wot the seller wanted.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I think it's as you say, Asterix

A result! Possibly. A chap answered the shinybikes phone. I put the case to him in a pithy sort of fashion. He said he would make the refund on the spot. Apparently it takes a couple of days to go through, and, given that somebody made the same promise on 9th May, well, we await developments...........

I think it's as you say, Asterix

A result! Possibly. A chap answered the shinybikes phone. I put the case to him in a pithy sort of fashion. He said he would make the refund on the spot. Apparently it takes a couple of days to go through, and, given that somebody made the same promise on 9th May, well, we await developments...........

I would have thought that processing a refund is a simple matter of pressing some buttons on a keyboard - if it isn't then that begs a lot of other questions.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
ShinyBikes.com have taken down their Facebook pages.

The action might be connect to the posting of links on their pages to complaints threads on a range of cycling forums. :whistle:

Top Bottom