Shoe sizes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I know the easiest thing to do would be to try shoes on for size but there are no dealers nearby with a big selection of shoes to try on so..... I`m a size 10 and have read that shimano shoes are a bit on the tight side thus best ordering the next size up, is this correct ? I had picked out specialized road shoes but through the cycle2work scheme ( Halfords) they cannot get these so gonna have to go with shimano for both pedals and shoes. Bikes ordered so just need the accessories ordered before i go on my holly bags hopefully be ready for when i come back.

Brock

I'm generally a size 11, my size 12 Shimano shoes are a very snug fit, which is perfect really. I'd certainly suggest trying a size above your normal first.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
just been looking at wiggle online and they seem to show the equivalent in shoe size when ordering, such as for shimano size Uk10 is actually a size 45.5 EU or nearer 46. Specialized however or a size 44 which is normal for me, so handy to see what to order.

Brock

I think if you're ordering shoes over the net you should be fully conversant with the returns policy anyway.. They need to be right.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
MrGrumpy said:
I know the easiest thing to do would be to try shoes on for size but there are no dealers nearby with a big selection of shoes to try on so..... I`m a size 10 and have read that shimano shoes are a bit on the tight side thus best ordering the next size up, is this correct ? I had picked out specialized road shoes but through the cycle2work scheme ( Halfords) they cannot get these so gonna have to go with shimano for both pedals and shoes.
I normally wear UK size 10 shoes off the bike. I have fairly broad feet.

I wear size 45 Sidi shoes on my best road bike. I decided to buy a pair of Shimano SPD road shoes* for my other road bike and bought those mail order in size 45 too. I could see as soon as they arrived that they were on the small size but I made the mistake of using them for one ride to 'see if they would give'. They didn't, but my feet did - I could hardly walk after 2 hours on the bike! Since then, I bought a pair of Shimano shoes in size 46 and they are a snug fit.

*I've just posted this for sale ad in the Classifieds section.

SamNichols

I am a 9/10, and find that in Shimano shoes I have been a 45, and in one type a 46 (they were MO75 by the way, road equivalent is the RO75). In my newish Northwave shoes (which I love), I am a 44.

It may be that an LBS stocks Shimano shoes, I know several around me that do, so it might be worth while going in there, trying them on and then ordering. I know that it's a bit cheeky, but buying the shoes off the net is a risky busines. To make their effort worth your while, then buy something else from them. One always finds another something that one 'needs' when one's in a bike shop.

Top Bottom