Shoes for clipless pedals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jjc89

I'm picking up my first road bike on Monday and it's coming with no pedals. The bloke I'm buying off of recommends Shimano PD M520 pedals as he says they're good all-rounders. Just wondering if someone could recommend a good on-a-budget pair of shoes to go with them?

Thanks in advance!

lejogger

Guru
It all depends on whether you're after MTB style SPDs or Look style racing pedals. I favour the latter on both my bikes but only because I didn't want to buy a second pair of shoes for my commuter/tourer!

Either way, Wiggle stock dhb shoes that are very good value for money... they're selling off last years stock at very good prices, but you may have to get lucky with what sizes they've got left. Otherwise, the new models look pretty snazzy for the cash too.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Depends on how much a roadie you want to be (or seen to be) - if you are going the whole hog then spd-sl cleats and Look/Time/Shimano road pedals are practically mandatory.

OP
OP
J

jjc89

thanks for the responses guys. Can't find anywhere that stocks my size for the dhb sl's so I think I'm gonna go for the Shimano R077's! I think they should work with the pedals right :S

Top Bottom