Shoes ?.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gmw492

Veteran
Hi,I am looking at getting some new cycle shoes as one of mine is cross threaded (not my fault by the way) and the screw won't tighten up properly,it's kept the cleat in place but really want to look at a new pair anyway,any links to reviews or anyone recommend any,I have the dhb r1 shoe first pair I had and are ok and cheap,but there are a few pairs now not too much dearer in price,Northwave Sonic 3s,Shimano Ro78 -Ro88 ,Sidi Tarus ,Spiuk Uhra,and Specialized BG sport or Elite,just a few examples all around the £50-70 mark,anyone recommend ? don't really want to splash out a small fortune on some so around this price range seems ok ,anyone any ideas or other reviews. ,thanks

raleighnut

Legendary Member
You can buy new inner threaded plates to fix the cleats to.

OP
OP
gmw492

gmw492

Veteran
Ah ok,think I might just need a new pair anyway seeing as I've had these for a while ,:okay:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
For a few pounds I'd experiment with re threading. Get a helicoil set off ebay for less than a tenner and if you feel you want extra security, a tube of threadlock for the helicoil.

Venod

Eh up
Don't forget used pairs, used doesn't mean worn out, I have just bought a pair of Sidi Dominator 5 for £60 delivered, used twice on a turbo, (can't tell they have being used) too small for the guy who sold them, they were advertised on the Single Track World Classified site, eBay and bike radar are another good source, people take a risk on buying the right size on line, then sell them on when they don't fit.

OP
OP
gmw492

gmw492

Veteran
Go to some shops, try some on, buy the ones that fit :smile:
Ha yes Vickster ^_^ ,but they only sell a couple of brands its online I'm looking at,guess I'll chose one and then try for size as returns is quite easy nowadays ,Northwave are leading the race in my dilemma at this min although that could change within the hour :wacko:^_^

OP
OP
gmw492

gmw492

Veteran
Don't forget used pairs, used doesn't mean worn out, I have just bought a pair of Sidi Dominator 5 for £60 delivered, used twice on a turbo, (can't tell they have being used) too small for the guy who sold them, they were advertised on the Single Track World Classified site, eBay and bike radar are another good source, people take a risk on buying the right size on line, then sell them on when they don't fit.
Are the Sidi a normal fit or are they quite narrow ?

Venod

Eh up
Are the Sidi a normal fit or are they quite narrow ?

The ones I have are normal fit I would say a bit on the narrow side if you have wide feet, you can get wide fitting ones, the sizes tend to come up a bit small compared to normal shoes.

size_conversionbicyclehero.jpg

Top Bottom