Shoes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Citius

Great review...

13 rider

Guru
Just got some cycling shoes from ALDI. They seem okay for the money. Only £15.99 on offer. They'll do for me!
Dont want to out do you I got mine for £7.99 ^_^. Bought a pair a year ago and these have about had it but been used plenty .So new pair bought a couple of months ago at the clearance of the last cycling event couple of pairs at £12.99 in the box my pair £7.99 no box . For the money they are fine but my not be the longest lasting item .

I fully understand the benefit of padded cycling short and tights. I have a pair of padded shorts for summer, and 2 pairs of padded tights for winter riding.

I know zero about cycling shoes. I’m keen to know more. I use old trainers, they are very light and comfortable. Would I benefit from cycling shoes Can anyone advise?

vickster

Legendary Member
If you are comfortable in trainers over the distances you ride, with no foot slipping issues in the wet etc , there's probably no great benefit in changing, especially if you use clips. There's a clipless FAQ in tne beginner section if you want to know more

Profpointy

Legendary Member
If you are comfortable in trainers over the distances you ride, with no foot slipping issues in the wet etc , there's probably no great benefit in changing, especially if you use clips. There's a clipless FAQ in tne beginner section if you want to know more

I too can't see much point in cycling shoes unless going clipless - in my view needing the dreaded "special shoes" is the major disadvantage of clipless. That said, fairly stiff soles are an advantage so I tended to wear a stout pair of brogues before I went clipless

13 rider

Guru
I cant comment on the latest offering with the shoes , i know the older design used to crack across the sole plate within 6 months for me ..
That's where my older pair went . This years sole design does appear to stronger material time will tell

Top Bottom