Shoplifers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Shoplifters

Doing a bit of shopping this afternoon in my local Tesco's and heard some screaming and f'ing and blinding from the exit. Along with half of the store we all went to be nosey and see what was going on.
The security were trying to restrain a couple of lads who must have been about 13 years old, and a chavvy looking pregnant girl. One of whom had an unusual bulge under his jacket which turned out to be a large bottle of cider. The two little brats were swearing and fighting like mad. Eventually the security were able to control them a bit until 2 police cars turned up with blue lights flashing. Shame I didn't fasten my camera onto the trolley.

Probably get a slap on the wrist and a free lift home from the police.;)

Mr Phoebus

Little bleeders have even nicked the 'T' out of your thread title. ;)

Mr Phoebus

Dayvo said:
Too true! But they're the kind of 'things' that end up 'lifers'! :sad:
When the police ring the parents to fetch them from the station, they most probably say
"you're picking on him/her, go and catch some real criminals" ;)

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Similar to shoplifting - a few years ago, two youths drove into my local petrol station, put £5's worth of petrol in the tank and drove off. Come on, chaps, if you want to do a drive off - fill the tank! (No, I am not condoning theft)

buggi

Bird Saviour
you missed your chance there mate. while security were struggling and everyone's eyes were on them, you should have legged it with your shopping ;)

purpleR

Guru
I used to work in What Everyone Wants on the Bridges in Edinburgh. We had a great relationship with our shoplifters. One guy in particular was really sweet. If you caught him mid-lift, he'd sheepishly put everything neatly back on the hangers, and wander off (only to reappear 5 minutes later ;)).

We'd say hello on the street, and when catching up with a former colleague a few weeks ago she was telling me everyone's news - which included how this particular guy was getting on.

gary r

Guru
once saw 2 kids empty a shoppers trolley into the freezer when she left it unnatended,& made of with the empty trolley,I presume this was to get the £1 deposit back on the trolley!!

barq

buggi said:
you missed your chance there mate. while security were struggling and everyone's eyes were on them, you should have legged it with your shopping ;)

Actually that's a common technique. I used to manage a large mobile phone shop and gangs would come in and distract our staff, set off alarms and all sorts. The problem was that while all that was going on their mates would be quietly nicking phones. That said, the vast majority of our display phones were dummies, but they cost more than you'd imagine.

Those youngsters needed proper legal advice. Shoplifting of goods of up to £200 is dealt with by means of a fixed penalty of £80 and no court proceedings. They needed to nick a lot more to make it cost effective.

gary r

Guru
yorkshiregoth,Ive just seen your location is Heathrow,That wouldnt be the Feltham Tesco's (faggs Rd) would it?? Feltham has some of the worst chav scum i have ever come across,I avoid it like the plague when cycling

Arch

Married to Night Train
Some of you will have heard this story before...

When I worked for Iceland, we had a 'regular' lifter - a chap of about 80, thick specs, two hearing aids, two sticks and one of those mobility scooters. He'd park the scooter outside, shuffle in, shuffle round and help himself to a packet of scones or a Madeira cake. If we spotted him doing it, we just told him to put it back - the local bobby said he'd never get taken to court if we pressed charges, as he was so old and infirm.

So one day he came in and my boss and I were keeping an eye on him from where we were shelf filling, and we saw him pick up two things, then we lost sight of him and saw him pay for one and amble out to the scooter. Then, on the other side of the plate glass window, we watched him remove the Madeira cake from inside his coat and put it in the basket on the front, and get in (it was one of those with a big zip up hood on it). So we both went outside, to get the stuff back. My boss went round the side of the scooter to unzip it and challenge him, while I stood in front.

He looked me in the eye, 'gunned' the handlebars and drove straight at me! ;) Luckily I was able to shift in time, or I'd have been flattened - it wasn't one of those lightweight fold up ones, it would have been pretty heavy! We watched in amazement as he made his getaway up the busy pavement, people scattering out of his way!

We joked that we should get a scooter ourselves, paint it white, and put a blue light on it, for chases....:sad:

Top Bottom