Shoppers Dump Plastic at Tesco??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I passed through Keynsham on Saturday on an audax I was on. I came out the other side unscathed.

But seriously, this sort of peaceful process is great in my eyes. I for one was amazed at how long it took the U.K. to rethink the plastic supermarket bag lunacy.

Let’s hope this has legs.

OP
OP
MiK1138

MiK1138

Veteran
I've got an even better idea. Stop churning out so much unnecessary plastic in the first place. Treat the disease, not the rash.
It is scary how much we rely on Plastics, sitting looking around my office and i have no sight-line without a plastic item in it.

Bring Back the Abacus.

Bring Back the Abacus.
s-l300.jpg

Andrew_P

In between here and there
It's one of my PET hates.

Massive problem, I am hoping the deposit scheme comes in and it converts the manufacturer back to glass. Still with a surcharge but at least glass and alu are more recyclable.

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
MiK1138

MiK1138

Veteran
It's one of my PET hates.

Massive problem, I am hoping the deposit scheme comes in and it converts the manufacturer back to glass. Still with a surcharge but at least glass and alu are more recyclable.
There seems to be few plastic recycling schemes going on, theres a guy up here who is converting Plastic to fuel, he just signed a deal with a majoe scottish council, there is also a pilot somewhere where they are turning it into road surface. who knows Landfills might be the oil fields of the future

Top Bottom