Shoppers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clyde

Had a few over the years.
All started back in the early 80s when I swapped my sisters Human League album for a red twenty with a mates sister. Never did understand why she was so upset....I loved that bike and once stripped down it was a wheelie machine.
Re visited them many times over the years and have had 3 New Hudsons in that time. Ive never seen another one of these and like the Sun/Sunbeam/Rudge versions they seem to be quite hard to find.
1.JPG
1 SOLD £30.JPG
18 SOLD £50.JPG
8.JPG
£40.JPG
1 £10.jpg
5.jpg

Attachments

• 1 £5.jpg
    1 £5.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
C

clyde

1 £5.jpg

I think you could make really good modern shopper bike, ideal for students, school runs and short range utility riding.
My perfect shopper would have an aluminium, non-folding frame, bmx 20" wheels shod with Big Apples, 3-5 spd hub gear with belt drive, dynohub lighting, and would have flatpack features for compact storage in a hallway: bars that rotate easily and folding pedals.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I've just been given this Triumph Traffic Master Folder, I believe though I am not certain that the frame is exactly the same as the Raleigh Twenty. Oh what to do with it eh @Fab Foodie ? It's a '78 and all works I'ts got a bit of patina, but I pumped the tyres up and rode it round the village.

IMG_4957.JPG

IMG_4954.JPG
IMG_4955.JPG
IMG_4956.JPG
IMG_4957.JPG
IMG_4958.JPG
IMG_4959.JPG

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
@CarlP It seems I have a Mixte to come and collect for @Hill Wimp in the next weeks (wekend of the 18/19 March if you're around)....I might have some space....
I'd be happy to give it a good home....
It's yours for a small donation to either Christian Aid or Oxfam, the bike came from the same donor as the Mixte, who is a Christian.

Top Bottom