Shopping the male way.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

perplexed

Guru
I absolutely detest clothes shopping and only do it as a last resort when I can't buy online. I was beginning to panic about finding Mrs Gti something for Christmas until last weekend when she dropped a hint about a wool sweater she needed as her old ones are wearing out. Being well-trained I picked up the hint on my spidey radar, said nothing and went off to check the size in her labels where I saw "small" and "X5" which baffled me, but I thought might be some special shop code. Checked online and spotted that Kendals in Manchester have a decent discount going on wool sweaters but you can't be trusting the post this week so after lunch I bunked off work and mounted a precision commando-style raid, which was unbelieveably successful. I drove straight to the Kendals car park where two blokes in jobsworth jackets were telling people the car park was full but just as I began to move off I spotted a car leaving so they allowed me to enter. More luck came my way when I spotted a shopper walking towards her car, asked her where she was parked and managed to bag her space. Nipped into the store and quickly found the posh sweaters department. "What size?" asked the charming assistant. "It says small or X5 in her sweaters." I replied. "That'll be XS!" she replied with only a hint of a pitying smile.

Paid on credit card so she wouldn't see it, took the goods and scarpered. In the hour I paid to park I also managed to find some posh chocolates as a stocking filler and visit the Rapha store to drink a coffee and finger some expensive clothes, still leaving the city centre before the traffic jams built up.

Do I get today's CC award for successful shopping?

May I say, as someone from across the border, that I was full of admiration of your skills right up to the point I've emboldened...

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I just had a flashback to trying to impress a young woman in a pub when I was 23 ... :whistle:

ColinJ: So, I had learned to read before I even started school!

Attractive woman, looking me up and down: That's amazing! There is just one question that I have to ask you now ...

ColinJ (thinking that the woman was clearly interested): Feel free - ask me any question that you like!

Gorgeous woman: DOES YOUR MUM STILL BUY YOUR CLOTHES FOR YOU!!!!!

ColinJ: I, er, oh, aaaaaaaaaaargh! :eek::whistle::blink::blush::blush::blush:

You should have replied, "Yes, but if you want the job I will sack her as soon as I get home for my tea"

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You should have replied, "Yes, but if you want the job I will sack her as soon as I get home for my tea"
I don't actually own much non-cycling clothing, but thinking about it, most of what I do have was given to me as birthday or Christmas presents!

I don't have a problem buying cycling kit; it just rarely occurs to me to buy things to wear off the bike!

Top Bottom