FNRttC Short "Fridays" tour to France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlexB

Veteran
Is anyone else planning to take the train to Oxted and then ride to the rendez-vous from there?

ianmac62

Guru
Is anyone else planning to take the train to Oxted and then ride to the rendez-vous from there?

Yes! I am catching a train from Northampton to Euston; pedalling to London Bridge and planning to get the 0908 (from memory) to Oxted; then pedalling the four miles to the rendezvous.

Shall we meet at London Bridge? I shall be quite early. I am a tall chap with a titanium bike; I shall not be wearing a carnation on my lapel on this occasion.

AlexB

Veteran
I'll be on a later train from Streatham Common, so coming in from a slightly different direction. We meet at the night ride to Southend. I'll be in red on a red bike with red dryness strapped to it. Have you spotted the theme yet?

AlexB

Veteran
Martin,

Just checked your route guide from Oxted to the services.
I had planned to leave Oxted and go north if only so I can route through the gloriously named Titsey.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/O...465b0742e390!2m2!1d0.0395809!2d51.2711333!3e1
This then avoids the A25 and drops us into the correct side of the services. It's a whole 1.5 miles longer, but otherwise looks OK. Any local knowledge out there to suggest we should avoid it?

Also, now looking at the weather, I think I need to pack the dreaded Rainlegs, if only to ensure I never need them!

Last edited:
U

User482

Everyone, please do have a look at your tyres. I found a large slash in mine through to the carcass...

Top Bottom