Shorter Stem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sterlo

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Well it turned up, fitted last night, took about 10 minutes. Tried a little ride around the block and hurrah. The slightly shorted reach has made quite a difference, even to the point that I accidentally fitted it pointing downwards (only 6 degrees) and it's still more comfortable. The advantage is if it starts to feel uncomfortable, I can switch it to upwards to ease it even more. As many stated, I can really feel little difference to the steering, slight more reactive but nothing really noticeable. Thanks again for all the replies.

Enlightenedwaistcoat

Well it turned up, fitted last night, took about 10 minutes. Tried a little ride around the block and hurrah. The slightly shorted reach has made quite a difference, even to the point that I accidentally fitted it pointing downwards (only 6 degrees) and it's still more comfortable. The advantage is if it starts to feel uncomfortable, I can switch it to upwards to ease it even more. As many stated, I can really feel little difference to the steering, slight more reactive but nothing really noticeable. Thanks again for all the replies.

Glad you got sorted. I changed mine from 100mm to 70mm and haven't died yet. And no, the bike isn't the wrong size - blame weird proportions!

Top Bottom