Shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lone Wolf

Need some new shorts.i am tempted with some of the FDX on eBay, but am unsure of the quality, and not sure if I should spend 60 or 70 quid on a pair. Any suggestions guys ?

vickster

Legendary Member
Buy shorts that fit you, use shops or online stores with free returns. The more you pay usually the better the quality and design, I buy £60-70 shorts reduced to about half price in the clearance

huwsparky

Über Member
Morvelo are the best that I have tried but not that cheap. About £90 per pair of bibs but you don't really realise how good value they are until you have spent the cash and tried them out.

I bought a pair of bottom range DHB ones I was thinking of using for quick evening rides of an hour-ish but they never get used. There is no comparison between the two pairs IMO.

Nothing against DHB though. I have other DHB stuff that I really rate but you do get what you pay for.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Generally, I like them too. Trouble is I spoilt myself by buying a much better quality pair and I appreciate where my money went and probably won't but another pair of DHB shorts as a result.

I get top end dhb and they're good, can't fault them. When the mortgage is gone I'll treat myself to a pair of castelli bibs!

huwsparky

Über Member
I get top end dhb and they're good, can't fault them. When the mortgage is gone I'll treat myself to a pair of castelli bibs!

I have a pair of high end DHB tights, they have done me the winter and have no complaints. They were about £80 from memory. It's the padding that's really a cut above on the Morvelo's I have. Then again, I'm comparing a new pad to a pad that's done 1000 miles+ so I may be a little unfair.

Mike!

Guru
I've looked at those FDX ones too but suspect they would be something like the entry level DHB ones i already have where the pad is pretty thin and hurts on longer rides.

Recently got fitted for some Endura FS-260 Pro's at my LBS and they are fantastic in comparison, will be investing in a second pair of those when funds allow. I say get better quality.

mattobrien

Guru
Best shorts I have are Assos, followed by Castelli, followed by dhb. You can see the pattern there.

The Assos shorts I have are older than the Castelli ones, but are showing less signs of wear. Possibly better value and I am seriously tempted by more when I have enough money.

I use the dhb for commuting and short bursts.

Top Bottom