Should he have got longer....?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/7282531.stm

Sinkewitz abandons doping appeal

Sinkewitz is now free to look for a new team
German rider Patrik Sinkewitz has abandoned his appeal against a one-year ban and £28,000 fine for doping.
The former T-Mobile rider tested positive for testosterone last June and also admitted taking blood-booster EPO.

Sinkewitz, 27, had his ban reduced from two to one year after agreeing to co-operate with investigators in the fight against doping.

German authorities have dropped plans to stop Sinkewitz returning to racing and he can now race from 17 July.

A statement from the German Cycling Federation said: "Sinkewitz took his responsibilities and, with his confession, helped to get to the bottom of this affair.

"He now can do everything to get a new job."

Sinkewitz's revelations on doping in the T-Mobile team triggered a police investigation.

- In some ways I feel ok about this but in another...not... :biggrin:

mondobongo

Über Member
Two years is not enough in the first place and when you start plea bargaining and giving reductions it becomes a brief moment in time.

Keith Oates

Janner
He seems like the person I would really like to have as a team mate. He blew the whistle on his 'friends' to save his own skin.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
If you are going to eradicate doping you need to compromise occasionally to get results, and however low Sinkewitz might be in ratting on his former team-mates it is sometimes nescessary to deal with the devil for the long term good.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
So now Sinkewitz is a bad person because he grassed up (or told the truth about) his team mates and team manager. Are some of you in favour of the omerta because it's just not quite British to implicate others? They were cheating b*stards FFS, they don't deserve a code of silence!!!

doyler78

A rider can only ride if he has a team. If the teams are as serious about eliminating doping then they have the ultimate deterent - no team, no income, no fame therefore whats to be gained by doping in the first place.

Keith Oates

Janner
rich p said:
So now Sinkewitz is a bad person because he grassed up (or told the truth about) his team mates and team manager. Are some of you in favour of the omerta because it's just not quite British to implicate others? They were cheating b*stards FFS, they don't deserve a code of silence!!!

That's your point of view rich p, and you are of course entitled to hold that opinion. Personally I think that anyone who 'grasses' (as you say) to save his own skin is not worth having on a team. However from what has happened recently it appears that it's not only the use of drugs that is the sickness within professional cycling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mondobongo

Über Member
You can't have your cake and eat it. As Pro Cyclists they are aware of the penalties for doping should they then choose to dope they must be held accountable for their actions and no deals done. Did Sinkewitz say anything prior to being caught? No, would he have likely said anything if he had not been caught? Err No.

The only reason he has spoken out is because he was caught and knew he could get a reduction if he informed not exactly an honourable way to treat your team-mates is it!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I don't see the 'honour' in protecting other cheats, personally. I also hope thst Stinkowitz doesn't get a team but by offering him a reduced sentence it has weeded out a few more names.

mondobongo

Über Member
Sinkewitz will get a Team someone will be willing to take him maybe not Pro Tour but he will get a ride. After all lets not forget Millar had no problems returning after his 2 years he may be singing evangelically from the rooftops these days and we cheer him on but he was at it.

Rich who has he weeded out Kessler already serving a 2 year ban, Kloden previously had the finger pointed at him by Werner Franke does that justify cutting his ban in half I think not baby puppy!!!!

mondobongo

Über Member
'I think not baby puppy' as used by the Russian Kitty in the film Cats and Dogs. If you click on the link and then click on Russian on the right hand side you can hear the quote could not find it on you tube.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
mondobongo said:
'I think not baby puppy' as used by the Russian Kitty in the film Cats and Dogs. If you click on the link and then click on Russian on the right hand side you can hear the quote could not find it on you tube.

Oh! Okay.

Dave_1

Sinkewitz has taught us little with his confessions, his plea bargain. I see he has now implicated Kloeden and that will help the innocent riders on Astana get to the TDF not eh? I disagree with Sinkewtiz and wish this clown would shut his trap and stop putting people on the dole every few months...he's cost many riders jobs and sponsors and

If I were a pro team director I would not touch sinkewitz with a barge pole...he should never be allowed back into the sport regardless of the ban...he's damaged everyone, as many as he could

Top Bottom