Should I always go a size larger?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kr4t0z

I'm buying my first road shoes off the internet, and not sure which size to go for. Just some basic tips are appreciated :smile:

Cheers!

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
wat company shoes u going for??

accountantpete

Brexiteer
In short no! Some makes are spot on but it does depend a lot on the shape of your feet.

I suppose if you go one size larger you can pop an insert in or wear thicker socks if they are slightly too big.

Check to see if the seller will exchange and unless they are Shimano shoes I'd take a chance and get your regular size (some do 1/2 sizes as well).

just seen the Specialized post - I have a pair of 42 Eu 8's UK and they are perfect for a size 8. The problems arise I think around the 9/10's.

OP
OP
K

Kr4t0z

Yes, I thought. But is it ok to just leave after trying them on. I find it awkward. I actually bought some shimano mountain shoes just for the sake of not leaving empty handed, and I did go for a size larger. Now I can't even walk in them. I'm will post it later on here as I've lost the receipt -.-'

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
Kr4t0z said:
Yes, I thought. But is it ok to just leave after trying them on. I find it awkward. I actually bought some shimano mountain shoes just for the sake of not leaving empty handed, and I did go for a size larger. Now I can't even walk in them. I'm will post it later on here as I've lost the receipt -.-'

legally, you don't need a receipt:smile:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm a size 12 & have 3 pairs of spesh size 12/47 that fit fine, although they can be a little tight with thick socks in winter.
HTH

Kr4t0z said:

I meant buy them from a shop.

OP
OP
K

Kr4t0z

aw lol :smile:

I thought you said try them in a shop ;)

Won't they cost more? That what most ppl say, as prices over the internet are competitive.

Top Bottom