Should I be happy with this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Tyres can vary slightly in width even in the same size and having different front and back is no detriment. You won’t notice the slight extra weight .

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No particular reason to have the same tyre front and back
(assuming I've understood your point correctly)

My OCD wouldn't allow it !!! :laugh:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I have the exact same bike although a little older. When they wore out I replaced the Bontrager Hard Case (they were anything but) with Marathon Plus front and rear. They're fine if a bit heavier, and I'm still riding them about 9 years later. (I'm doing less miles on that bike than I used to, in case you wonder). Zero punctures in that time by the way.
The look is a bit odd when you change from a genuine slick to a treaded tyre for the first week but your eye accepts it as the norm very soon, the tread really isn't massive! It won't help your mind that you have one slick and one treaded tyre on right now, although there's nothing wrong with that performance wise.

Being a bit OCD I'd have to replace the front as well but that's just me. (Edit, I see @fossyant is the same!)

Gunk

Guru
Don't buy a motorbike then - the wheels are usually different sizes, never mind different tyres

Or an old Fireblade. Mine has a 16” front and 17” rear.

with regard to your bike. Personally I’d want the tyres to match, but that’s just me.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Not confident you read my comment with sufficient care @cyberknight It's not black and white ;), you know.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Top Bottom