Should I, she, or we pay this private companies parking fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I saw them but couldn't read them,due to the lettering being too small.:whistle:

Except...

I've never parked on it before. To be grudgingly fair to the private parking company there are clear to see signs as you enter the car park. I parked there because the Sainsburys car park where i normally park was bollarded off due to some work going on there.

Dave7

Legendary Member
i cant believe this thread is still running.........its pathetic really
I strongly disagree with you there.
In fact I started a "pay Accy's parking fine" fund.
Its only been running a few days and I have already received one old shilling and a three penny bit :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
There is one card that Accy could play.

If he turns up in court in his sunday best and stands in a rigid catalogue man pose while wistfully staring off into space he stands a good chance of being able to plead insanity.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That was my first impression.
Well done. That is so much better than your usual @#!!~@ :cursing: :ninja:I take it you've read some of that link i sent you? 🤔
I've got a farthing somewhere.........
You're another who doesn't make a contribution, but instead mocks! You're not even slightly funny, so those who 'like' your childish posts with a laughing face are as bad as you.

Yes, you can see them clearly when you enter as they are bright yellow, but when you get up to them they are hard to read.
To be fair - if the details are genuinely hard to read then you are perfectly entitled to gather evidence and complain about the ticket
If you can show that a reasonable person would not be able to read the conditions then your complaint will be upheld

but it has to be proper evidence and genuine

and it could well take some effort

but if you feel it in justified then go for it
and if you win then publicise in the local paper and on FaceTock (or whatever) so others cna use you case to reclaim their own 'fines' (they are not really fines - but they are)

and, of course, give us a running commentary so we can see how you get on

looking forward to it!!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Oh look it's the monthly Accy pile on ...

Quite,

A private parking ticket is a valid topic - we've a couple of threads before.

But too many people, as usual, reply to the poster not the post.

Should all local authority parking enforcement contracts be terminated and brought back in-house?

This on topic post is worthy of further examination.

All legitimately issued tickets are subject to an appeals process which I think most people accept is genuine, unlike the kangaroo court of the private companies.

I have some knowledge of Durham City where the previous parking contract manager was a friend, and I'm on first name terms with several of the enforcement officers.

He told me there are certainly no targets from his bosses at the council, and the general thrust of the instructions was to do the job in a sensible manner.

Thus in Durham I don't think bringing enforcement back in house would make much difference because the private mob are already managed properly, and those running the scheme do not see it as a cash cow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom