Should I try some different tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

genesta

Hi - new member here. What a friendly place this is!

The Panaracer Pasela tyres on my Audax bike have reached the end of their natural life and need replacing, and I'm wondering whether to change for something different.

I've been looking at various Schwalbe and Continental ones, but I've been really pleased with the Paselas and have got no reason to go for anything different other than the interest of trying something new.

Anyone any thoughts? I'm going to be riding through the winter, a fairly fast ten mile commute on a mix of A and B roads round outer London. Puncture resistance and grip are top priorities, but speed comes a close third - I know there's always a trade off!

Also, I've been using 28s (on a 622x15 rim). Will I notice any difference if I go for 25s? Again, I've been quite happy with what I've had - I'm just curious to try something new!

domtyler

Über Member
By all means try something new, what is to stop you?

I have never tried Panaracer Paselas but have heard others raving about them.

domtyler

Über Member
Well I have been using Continental Sport Contacts for about three or four years now and would highly recomend them. They are slicks but I frequently cycle across the fields and on tow paths etc. with the kid on the back no problems. They come with a years anti puncture guarantee, roll very fast, almost as fast as the GP4000S's I have on my other bikes and I have never had a puncture with them. Definitely worth a try.

OP
OP
G

genesta

Thanks, Dom, that's just the sort of info I'm after. There are so many different Continentals, and it's not clear what's best for what.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Have a look at Specialized Roubaix Pro tyres, they are designed deeper so as to give a comfortable ride. They seem pretty tough too and they corner well.

Top Bottom