Show me your Polestar.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Renewable fuelled electrolysis for green hydrogen seems to be taking of in US, Oman, Japan etc. Price of production is forecast to swoop very low by 2050. But then statistics….

Global menace, yes.

Regardless of the cost of hydrogen from renewable electricity, you need far more of that renewable electricity; the efficiency end to end is far lower through compression, fuel cell efficiency etc.

CXRAndy

Guru
The thread is about EVs.
The title of the video is 'The Big EV Lie'.
The title is clearly visible in the link.
Not my problem if you can't follow the clues.

PS - I've added explanatory text - just for you. ;)

The video, was from a self confessed petrol head. He covered Global warming, and climate change. He dismissed the emissions from exhaust tailpipes, whether diesel or petrol. He is correct EV will not in themselves save the planet from increased temperatures, that is a much larger overall shift away from all fossil burning for every industry.

However having the current vehicle transport system switch from exhaust pollution to zero output will immediately impact on health and atmospheric conditions locally in towns and cities.

My daughter lives in London and regularly reports of black soot on her window sills if she leaves the window ajar for ventilation. That is vehicle pollution

Me thinks you protest too much, I was referring to not how often or hard you, me or anyone else brakes, just that when you, me or anyone else brakes, the friction material scrubs off particles, that goes into the atmosphere, same with the tyres, :okay: all vehicles do it, and EV’s do have an exhaust pipe, except it’s a massive one at a power station.

That's bobbins.

Both the braking and the exhaust pipe rubbish.
Currently the grid is 46% fossil fuels as of this moment.

Your petrol car is only ever 100 % and more than that - you use more fossil fuels for the tankers and ships to get it round the globe.

https://grid.iamkate.com/

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Did you actually watch it though? Or did you click, see that it's 26 minutes, skip it and then conclude it's lying?
The video made my point more concisely than I could have.

Of course I didn't watch it. It's 26 minutes long!

"BIG LIE" is in the title of the video. Not a promising start.

If that video more concise than you can manage - you can't explain your views in less than half an hour - it's no wonder you can't explain your opinions.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I believe it was Mrs Drago that had one.

It was and on Mobility. Seems to be the only way mere mortals can afford these cars, lease, salary sacrifice lease, or company cars. The rest of us can't, nor can see the point of £50k on a tin box.

It's about time manufacturers actually made more leccy city cars, ones that can take 4, bit like the Zoe. That's what's needed, not monster trucks.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Of course I didn't watch it. It's 26 minutes long!

"BIG LIE" is in the title of the video. Not a promising start.

If that video more concise than you can manage - you can't explain your views in less than half an hour - it's no wonder you can't explain your opinions.

Expressing a negative opinion on a video that you didn't watch? Really?!
That would suggest a dogmatic view of the whole subject.
It's a complex subject. That's why it takes time to explain opinions.
This video summed up my views concisely.
Try watching it.

CXRAndy

Guru
This video summed up my views concisely.

:okay: ;) :ohmy: :laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
It was and on Mobility. Seems to be the only way mere mortals can afford these cars, lease, salary sacrifice lease, or company cars. The rest of us can't, nor can see the point of £50k on a tin box.

It's about time manufacturers actually made more leccy city cars, ones that can take 4, bit like the Zoe. That's what's needed, not monster trucks.

Or for me, a nice practical small estate :okay:

Top Bottom