Show us yer Turkey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Now there's just me and the missus left, we don't bother with turkey, and have started picking up a specially nice beef joint every year. We get it, believe it or not, from the butchers at the M5 Gloucester Services. We do like to ring the changes though, so this year's will be from the Southbound services as we got it from Northbound last year.
I thought you were going to say,you had Christmas dinner in a service station.Brilliant.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
We always have sausage, egg and chips on Christmas day.

I haven't got a TV.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
My wife has ordered a precooked crown this year.
Apparently it’s been ‘sous vide’ for a number of hours then chilled. All we have to do is heat it in the oven for 55 mins.
It could be a disaster or it could actually make a turkey taste almost nice.
We pick it up on Christmas Eve.
We always have a baked ham too, and that is far more popular than the turkey anyway.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Quick off the mark there Nickyboy. The Aldi Sprout gratin is on my shopping list. I hope there are a few smaller Turkys in there is just 4 of us, and there will be a shops stock of pigs in blankets - my two 'teens' would prefer pigs in blankets to turkey.
Aldi turkeys were all delivered instore this morning. So if you wanted a decent choice from there.....you're probably already too late. It was a bit of a bun fight this morning according to Mrs N

screenman

Legendary Member
1576775823243.png

tom73

Guru
Collected our turkey crown from the butchers yesterday. Always shop local for meat quality and welfare win ever time.
pigs in blankets to come on Monday. :hungry:

netman

Veteran
What do vegans/vegetarians use as the headline dish on Christmas?

This is vegetarian, not vegan... and not bad at all - even do veggie pigs in blankets with Quorn sausages and bacon too.

1576778003875.png

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
It's in the pub, Eating out this year, No cooking or cleaning up, Walk in eat dinner drink our drinks and walk away, Only one thing missing, It would be nice to have it somewhere warm, Canary islands would be good.:okay:

Freds Dad

Veteran
Ours is still trotting around the field and doesn't know its off to the slaughter house later today.

A friend has a business that breeds turkeys for Christmas so ours will be extremely fresh for the big day.

Top Bottom