Show us your Camper Vans or RVs.........lets add caravans too

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
My camping vehicles!

IMG_20220605_161541.jpg

IMG_20200918_191108.jpg

CXRAndy

Guru
I had a colleague from way back when. He had a diesel which he had turbocharger fitted, even before Peugeot did it.

He towed a caravan and found that at the speed he travelled that the turbo was just coming into full boost so had lots more torque, kept speed on inclines

He said it transformed the little car, he had thoughts of getting a bigger vehicle to tow vehicle but the conversion persuaded him to keep it.

tyred

Legendary Member
Love the 205 best ever small cars!!

I love mine. I had to take it out of service after 27 years and c250,000 miles due to rust around the strut mountings and back chassis rails but I plan to start restoration over next winter, finances permitting. It gave great service and only once let me down when the fuel pump seized.

The Skoda Fabia I originally got to replace it was a hideous car in comparison and drank petrol and gave never-ending problems. I've now got a Toyota Yaris which is a much better car than I expected it to be, definitely preferable to the Skoda but it's missing the typical French character of the 205.

tyred

Legendary Member
read that as dodgy electrics …. That’s my experience of French built anything and I work on a lot of it ! Maybe improved since. 2010 ?

Mine was built in '96 and the only electrical problem I ever had was a corroded bulb holder in the indicator.

Gunk

Guru
Love the 205 best ever small cars!!

I had a 205 GTi 1.6 back in 1986 as a company car, it was a lovely little thing, even though it constantly rattled from new!

Top Bottom