Show us your chainsets!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
2. 'Preston'
This superceded the Dyna-Tech, which by that time has been downgraded to 'work-bike'
Sadly, the best mudguards that would fit the 755Ti were the Salmon Profils, & that was with '20' tyres:eek:

So, this came via the 'Cycle to Work' scheme

Bought in June 2013

50/34
Ribble. Winter. 6.JPG

Ribble. Winter. 7.JPG

Last edited:
3. Due to the deteriorating roads around here, '365' use -whatever the weather, plus thoughts about constant replacement of brake-blocks, I decided to go to discs

Bought in March 2017

I could also go up to, if I wanted '37' section tyres, with mudguards, but stayed with '28' - which were still the fattest I'd used on the road, since 1.5" Tioga slicks on my Pace Research in the 90s!
Not long after purchase

50/34

Ribble. CGR. 6.JPG

Reflectors. CGR. 3.JPG

3A. (?) Due to my CGR frame cracking, it was replaced in late July, by the Digestive
Spa 'Aubisque'(cet)

The chainset is the one from the CGR, so details as above
Taken during rebuild
Mudguard stays to be trimmed, full set of lights still to be added
Spa Cycles. Aubisque. 4.jpg

You may have noticed that all, bar the 'Gran Fondo', are on SPDs, for me it's the only pedal to countenance for commuting
Used with Sidi CX shoes, that are easy to walk in

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
11-34 x 46/38/24 (9 speed) this crank set would be perfect if not for the stupid hidden CR bolt behind the crank arm

IMG_20220925_103850_941.jpg

I'm thinking I might delete the outer ring if I can find a front mech capable of managing the resulting super compact double.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
11-34 x 46/38/24 (9 speed) this crank set would be perfect if not for the stupid hidden CR bolt behind the crank arm

View attachment 662867 .

I'm thinking I might delete the outer ring if I can find a front mech capable of managing the resulting super compact double.
A Stronglight chainset , does it also have those captive back nuts for the chain ring bolts . A brilliant idea until they become “ uncaptive” . :angry:

Top Bottom