Show us your... components

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iwantanewbike

Über Member
Just for fun...

2019-09-23 21_43_02-Window.png

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Not sure I can handle that amount of fun. ^_^

winjim

Smash the cistern
Wow! M515 brake pads!. I've always wanted those.
Well the M515 looks to be a resin pad where the previous set were sintered so you might have an opinion on that...

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Can we have an opposite version, for very short-lived components? I once killed a new UN52 BB in 70 miles and a set of Kool-Stop green (ceramic) V-brake pads in 30 miles - new ceramic rims can be very rough, just like sandpaper. A rather natty set of carbon-effect SKS mudguards cracked right across the width of the rear one in three months. Shimano 105 threaded headsets used to last me about 500 miles before they got irretrievably "indexed".

Not on my bike, but Miche track hub locknuts are notorious for splitting in two when the wheel is fitted; they are quite brittle steel and the serrations are too sharp, causing stress raisers. Imagine that happening if you were fixing a puncture out on the road! Fortunately, when this happened on a friend's fixie less than 100 miles from new, we were just tensioning the chain at my house and my Crypt of Crap turned up a couple of generic M10 locknuts and some thin spacers to replace them.

Top Bottom