Show us your dogs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

honeybadger

A friend of ours has a couple of Maincoon cats. They are absolutely stunning. Need lots of grooming though, everyday in fact

195CF6FB-CFDE-4324-80AE-0BD7DC0E63AC.jpeg

C6E82EC9-631B-48F6-B0E4-F2883820C128.jpeg

potsy

Rambler
We have a Wally...

IMG_20230312_195403.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Bobbie is 2 years and 4 months old now. He’s got a massive tongue and a massive arse!🤣
View attachment 681471

View attachment 681472

As a kid, my parents bred and showed OES, my father judged, mothrr did local Dulux promotions - their lives revolved around their dogs. Even the car number plate read OES when back then personalised plates were rare (late 70s early 80s).
Hated the shows.
Lovely good natured dogs, but 3 in our small semi was too much. My young kids hated having to visit mostly due to being overwhelmed by hairy wet-bearded whiffy hounds.
No surprise that when the kids grew-up an we considered dog ownership our choice was the antithesis of the OES! Less bulky' short hair, no beard, calm, silent, aversion to mud and wet - and sleep a lot!
No showing for us (thank god) but Wimpers got into lure-coursing which means we're in a doggy merry-go round as well much like my parents - c'est la vie. At least it's outdoors in a field in the wilds, we take the camper and make a weekend of it.

Always happy to see an OES, but happy not to own one...I blame my parents.

presta

Guru
Fair enough, although got to say, nearly always had a dog as a child, and one or two at any one time as an adult, so that's coming up 59 years, and never felt I've lacked any "independence" as a price to be paid for the amazing amount a dog(s) give you back.

I don't think I'd have been able to just take off on a month long cycle tour at the drop of a hat if there was a dog that needed looking after. Not without having the cash for boarding kennels, anyway. By the time I wanted to able to do that I'd long since got used to not having a dog anyway.

She was lovely though
1685468634901.jpeg

Landsurfer

Veteran
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
Our wonderful Westie ... 10 years old, convinced he was an Alsatian .....
IMG_1459.jpeg

Died at 1610hrs this afternoon, in my arms. The whole family is devastated.
Myself, Julie and Connor, who he lived with, just cannot stop crying .......

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
This was my dog. I was so upset when he died that I have never been able to even think of ever having another dog.

20200721_115631.jpg

Top Bottom