Show us your Genesis CdF

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by mustang1, 10 Dec 2017.

Tags:
  1. mustang1

mustang1 Veteran

Go!

Would love to see the various colours, options and customisations you guys have done. And how you use it. But more than that, show us the pics!

2. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/show-us-your-genesis.220362/

Try here and probably elsewhere e.g. https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/show-us-your-steel-its-real.16850/

Just get the Ti one and then nothing need be done ;)

Although this year's light blue is a very pretty colour

Or do you mean the CdF rather than the Croix de Fer

Last edited: 10 Dec 2017
    mustang1 likes this.
  3. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

great bikes

mustang1 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    mustang1

mustang1 Veteran

Ooh thanks vickster, good link!
    I thought CDF is Croix dear Fer. Is it not? In which case, I mean Croix de Fer. I was thinking of getting a 10 or 20.

5. Ice2911

Ice2911 Über Member

Here is Genevieve a Tdf. She gets lots of respect from my cycle club and has never let me down, touch wood and all that.

Attached Files:

6. winjim

winjim A youth of interminable age

The old CdF is what they used to call what they now call the Croix de Fer 10. 520 frame, Sora gearset, BB5 brakes. Brought in as a budget version of the original Croix de Fer when they only made one version of it.

Mine's been through a few changes but current incarnation is Campagnolo Athena 11 30-54 12-29, rebuilt rear wheel with Hope Pro Evo 2 hub / DT revolution spokes, Vittoria Rubino Pro Tech 28mm (Schwalbe Winter 30mm in current cinditions), SKS Chromoplastic P45 guards and alternatively a Carradice bagman or Hamax child seat.

Don't have any recent pictures but I'll take some when I get a chance. I do think they deserve their own thread, they're very versatile and moddable bikes.

Last edited: 10 Dec 2017
  7. Hedgemonkey

Hedgemonkey Upright and forwards, just.

Should have all the bits by this Sunday, so I'll be in the garage, fettling, most of xmas. :laugh:

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice