Show us: your log burners and open fires

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Clocks have changed so it’s open fire time, let’s see your open fires or log burners.

Here is ours.

652AC683-CB7D-48D8-8613-D2D51A09DDB0.jpeg

8AB0DC3B-88AA-4156-B189-24C31C3DC722.jpeg

figbat

Slippery scientist
1603624370026.jpeg

First use of the season last night.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Make sure that picture is hung on something substantial, not those plastic things with three pins.

Heat from flue if not fully insulated can make the wall quite warm, which makes the plastic brittle.

You can guess the rest. :ohmy:
That picture is very rigidly hung on metal screws and mounting brackets - with the cost of the commission and the sentimental value of the subject weren’t going to skimp on hanging! The flue is well-insulated too, with no appreciable thermal transfer to the wall in this room or the room above (much to my daughter’s dismay). Appreciate the concern though.

OP
OP
Gunk

Gunk

Guru
Never understand this thing where people have their fires etc on or off at specific times of the year. :smile:

We live in very warm house so only really use it from late autumn

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Here's one of mine in the bike shed. I get it going on wood, then switch to coal, which burns slowly and steadily. Doesn't take a lot to keep the whole workshop at 28°C all day long.
View attachment 554425

View attachment 554426
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That "home is where the heart is" plaque being right next to small fire arms and rifles has me in stitches. Absolutely no idea why i find it hilarious but i do...

Top Bottom