Show us your Pub Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is my shopping and pub bike. I rebuilt the front wheel with a dynamo, so never have to worry about lights. The basket adds to the undesirability of it, so I don't worry too much about leaving it locked up outside the shops. Cost me £35, plus about £50 for the dynamo, spokes, basket and pannier.
It is rather heavy, but does the job very well. View attachment 529131
Is that a pioneer? Something about them that really appeals :okay:

avecReynolds531

Veteran

Here's my do-it-all transport: on the right, a Corratec Trekking bike. Probably the ugliest bicycle in the country, versatile and tough. Been touring, shopping, winter training (hard work!), commuting through every weather, bridleways, even local MTB trails, and propped up several beer garden walls through the years....

The natural habitat of these Trekking bikes are the superb river cycle routes that Germany, and other countries, have successfully provided: the Danube in particular is very popular. This one has proved to be London proof and soaks up the local potholes without any trouble - it's been great.

Last edited:
View attachment 529232
Here's my do-it-all transport: on the right, a Corratec Trekking bike. Probably the ugliest bicycle in the country, versatile and tough. Been touring, shopping, winter training (hard work!), commuting through every weather and propped up several beer garden walls through the years....

The natural habitat of these Trekking bikes are the superb river cycle routes that Germany, and other countries, have successfully provided: the Danube in particular is very popular. This one has proved to be London proof and soaks up the local potholes without any trouble - it's been great.
I’ve just lent a nephew a similar bike, my old ridgeback mtb, 25 years old, ugly as sin by modern standards but will take his commute and bike shed in its stride.

Bikes are great

Salar

A fish out of water
Talking of Pioneer's this is my runabout.

As some may remember I tried to give this away free a couple of years ago with no takers.!! So I've kept it.

It's now due a a major overhaul, it's been sitting outside 80 miles away in a safe place, due to lockdown it's marooned ( in colour too!!).

I'm expecting quite a few rusty bolts!

Rules in Wales mean I can't travel more than 5 miles to pick it up.

ChrisEyles

Guru
Here's mine - my first MTB a 1997 Marin Hawk Hill. Now retired from proper MTB duties (been spoiled by riding a FS!), and running slicks as a town/pub bike.

I was going to single speed it but couldn't get on with a single ratio for both road and bridleways, so it's now running a bodged 2x1 double up front with single sprocket rear.

Don't tell the bike thieves lurking outside the pub but it rides far nicer than its looks or market value would suggest 🙂

Top Bottom