1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show us your Raleigh?!?

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by *Dusty*, 9 Sep 2015.

1. *Dusty*

*Dusty* Returning Hero.

I don't know if Raleigh are still a "thing" or decent brand these days but surely a few people still ride them?

Anyway, if you're proud of your steed and want to show off please leave a piccy here :smile:

2. matiz

matiz Über Member

Bought it off a skint mate a couple of years ago for £30 havnt been brave enough to be seen out on it yet though IMG_20150909_104500.jpg

CarlP, Illaveago and *Dusty* like this.
  3. Jayaly

Jayaly Senior Member

I would, but since my Raleigh Vixen mountain bike needs repairs that would cost about four times its worth, it is headed for the great cycle shed in the sky as soon as its replacement arrives. To be fair, for an elderly beater bought on ebay for £35, it's done a great job of carrying myself and Smallest Boy around for a year and a half with no trouble, and served as my play pen while I learned to maintain a bike myself. I have no idea whether it came from Raleigh's 'troubled years', but I will remember it fondly.

Oh, what the hell, here it is, outside Sainsburys waiting to take me, Smallest Boy and the shopping home. If it were a dog or a horse, you'd call it honest.

raleigh vixen.jpg

Illaveago and *Dusty* like this.
  4. FrankCrank

FrankCrank Professional layabout

...so here's what I ride when back in the UK, a Raleigh framed, cobbled together 'pub bike'.

Raleigh.jpg

Frame was made in Vietnam, according to the sticker on the BB shell .

Single speed, plush ride with those Fat Frank tyres,

Looking forward to some rides back there next week when I start a months hols in Reading, my hometown. Soaks up the Kennet and Thames towpaths where I do most of by jaunts, and out to Silchester is another good one :

odav, Illaveago and *Dusty* like this.
  5. AyJay

AyJay Well-Known Member

Here's mine, new in 2013. I bought it four months ago and love it to bits.......

IMG_4155.jpg

gbb, odav, keithmac and 8 others like this.
  6. Rickshaw Phil

Rickshaw Phil Overconfidentii Vulgaris Staff Member

I need very little cajoling to post a picture of my Raleigh ;) so here it is during a ride round the local hills earlier this year:
    DSC0002164.jpg

It's a 1997 Pioneer Jaguar which I bought new in Spring '98 and is currently on its third variation of drivetrain (24 speed with 44-32-22 chainset and 11-30 cassette - no summit is out of reach :okay:)

gbb, odav, MarquisMatsugae and 14 others like this.
  7. Illaveago

Illaveago Veteran

Here is my Raleigh Criterium Triathlon 12 which I recently put back together after neglecting it for a number of years after the rear derailleur broke. I recently went for a ride on it with my friends and found it to be fast, light and agile. I am rediscovering the pleasure of cycling on it. 045.JPG

gbb, odav, GuyBoden and 11 others like this.
  8. Wobbly John

Wobbly John Über Member

I sold this Raleigh a couple of years ago, but can't resist an opportunity to post pics:
    Tandem1_zps32dc6ece.jpg
    tandemride.jpg
    1937 Raleigh Tandem 15L (restored)
    I still have a Raleigh Peak MTB - 1994 with XT gears. Bought for £15 from a charity shop.
    grave1.jpg

gbb, odav, MarquisMatsugae and 9 others like this.
  9. Paul139

Paul139 Über Member

Don`t care if Raleigh are a " Thing " as you put it @*Dusty* But I`m proud of my Airlite 100. Never misses a beat.
    IMG_1440.JPG

gbb, odav, MarquisMatsugae and 6 others like this.
  10. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

new wheels and longer stem fitted since this was taken over a year ago.

gbb, odav, MarquisMatsugae and 5 others like this.
  11. mcshroom

mcshroom Bionic Subsonic

Raleigh are coming back into making decent bikes again, after a while of going down-market.

I'll have to look for a newer pic, but this is my Raleigh Criterium. Needed quite a bit of restoration when I got it, and I still have a few issues with it. I love the full chrome forks though :smile:

Photo0145.jpg

Since that picture was taken it's gained a much prettier Stronglight chainset, and some silver hand-built wheels which make it look much nicer. :smile:

12. The_Weekend_Report_Guy

The_Weekend_Report_Guy Senior Member

Aaah memories..!

You made me go and look for pictures of my Raleigh... Had to sell it before moving to Belfast... I missed it..

[​IMG]

Mrs M, Rickshaw Phil, *Dusty* and 5 others like this.
  13. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

heres one of my raleighs

rear-side-jpg.81429.jpg

81346-de99a184dc297e581b63ad3ed65fe41f.jpg

Last edited: 18 Sep 2015
    gbb, odav, MarquisMatsugae and 10 others like this.
  14. AM1

AM1 Senior Member

Here's mine

Attached Files:

15. Illaveago

Illaveago Veteran

Here is my first mountain bike I bought in the 90's, my daughter now uses it. 023.JPG