Show us your tandem ride today..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Effyb4

Veteran
We hired a tandem and had our first ride. We were a bit wobbly for the first few minutes, but once we were used to it, we had brilliant fun on it.
tandem ride.jpg

bikes in Cambridge.jpg

We hired the tandem in Cambridge, took it for a ride around the city centre, then up the Cam and around the surrounding countryside. There were bikes everywhere in Cambridge, but we still got some attention. We'll just have to save up now for our own.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
we had our tandem out a couple of nights ago only 2.50 miles due to medical issues on the stoker but great fun and hopefully it will be out once a week for a similar ride

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
We dusted down both our tandems today - this year we're actually going to train for the RideLondon (since we can't defer a second time).

The Green Thorn needs a spot of fettlage to de-stiffen the rear brake cable, and the Rohloff could possibly do with some new oil, but otherwise it's fine after a 30-month hibernation. It only went around the block a couple of times today. I believe that the last time it went out to play was the September 2014 Reading CTC night ride, and it hasn't been seen in public since the Rohloff flange was replaced. We're planning on using that one for the Fridays' tour this summer, and a little preliminary ride of our own.

The titanium Santana was in very good spirits, despite us having to remove the Belgian train ticket from it - which suggests that it was last May's FNRttK that was its last outing. We took it out on our usual 14-odd mile flattish loop, and bumped into a Co-motion tandem at the Lee.

Totally forgot about this sub-forum! Our Circe Helios pretty much stays in cargo mode 99% of the time. However, we have now remedied the situation... by acquiring a "proper" tandem"! We've been out once and need to sort out fit issues for both of us, starting with removing and replacing the completely seized seatposts. Mercian Cycles have sent us all the original order/build details so we know what needs to be done. :okay:
IMG_20170820_121221186[1].jpg

This was our most recent
https://www.strava.com/activities/1658971090
(hope I've done that right)

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
20200509Tandem.png

IMGP4514.JPG

202005Tandem.png

Ecosmo Folding Tandem acquired.

Only two outings so far, 3 miles and 9 miles.

Currently practicing ;)

Seat height(s), handlebar heights to adjust, get right.

Gearing is too low, so, need to attend to that, larger chain ring, I think.

Biggest adjustment is for me, mentally, after 30+ years, I am am "in charge".... not sure I can handle it ;)

But............., what fun, we have not stopped laughing, and, neighbours plus passers-by have had a good laugh too!

Last edited:
Top Bottom