Show us your tour radio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sallar55

Veteran
This goes with us on every tour, used to listen to the BBC world service when off the beaten track Now it saves using the radio /Internet music on the phone saving the battery. Sony multi band ICF-SW07

DSC_2969.JPG

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Where do you connect the steam generator to power it up?

rivers

How far can I go?
A set of aftershockz bone conducting headphones and my phone. I can listen to music and hear any traffic around me.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I used to take a Sony SW100, but it died from the ribbon cable issue mentioned in the link, and what with phone, kindle, and the relative demise of the SW world service within Europe, I never did anything to replace it

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
Hi Andrew Yes it was a great radio when it worked, the ribbon connector was replaced twice. Sony centre in Glasgow said not worth the hassle of fixing to fail again.

Big T

Guru
I just use a cheap ONN radio from Asda. Cheap and cheerful but it does the job, doesn’t eat batteries (only on my 2nd set in 3 years and I also use it in my Campervan). It also has a headphone socket. I do also use my iPod, but find it struggles to pick up stations sometimes, so mainly use that for listening to music.

Top Bottom