Showerproof jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fraz101

On the look out for a showerproof jacket for summer

One small enough to fit in pocket neatly.

What do you all recommend please

Chris S

Legendary Member
Most are a waste of time. You will sweat so much that you will get wetter than if you didn't wear it.

13 rider

Guru
Prior to getting a gortex shakedry jacket which is expensive , I used to have a endura fs260 pretty waterproof but after a day of Welsh rain I changed for a full waterproof jacket
Endura is shower proof and packs into a jersey pocket and isn't stupidly expensive
But surely you don't need a waterproof jacket for British summer time💦

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I've had a couple of mega lightweight ones, A posh brand one and an Aldi one. not sure they do much to keep you dry, but do turn a bit f wind and keep you warm.

I got a dhb Flashlight Waterproof Jacket recently, slightly bulkier, but still jackets pocket sized and that is definitely much better at being waterproof and reasonably breathable. tested in some heavy-ish rain and did its job. only downside is it doesn't come with a compression bag or suitable pocket to roll back into, but I had a mesh bag from elsewhere that does the trick.

OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

Prior to getting a gortex shakedry jacket which is expensive , I used to have a endura fs260 pretty waterproof but after a day of Welsh rain I changed for a full waterproof jacket
Endura is shower proof and packs into a jersey pocket and isn't stupidly expensive
But surely you don't need a waterproof jacket for British summer time💦

Scotland mate

Jameshow

Veteran
I have a boardman one, thin blue one, several years old and keeps the worst of the weather out. Not noticed it being sweaty as I don't sweat a great deal at lower efforts.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Can't beat the old cycling cape to keep most of you dry. Can you still get them?

Gwylan

Veteran
Can't beat the old cycling cape to keep most of you dry. Can you still get them?

Yes, I have one and they are every bit as rubbish as the old yellow oilskin things that we used in the 60's.
Just Chinese and rubbish. They claim it will turn into a bivvy, if you're a dwarf with tent poles in your saddle bag. And don't expect to keep dry

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Top Bottom