Showers broken at work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
BRRRRRR!!! nothing but cold water to shower in and its not really that warm out today, so despite working up a sweat earlier , I'm bleeding freeezing now!!!

Am I weak willed to allow this as an excuse not to ride in for the rest of the week?

PS for all those who dont know me yet, my ride is quite long and I run at a fairly fast pace so *cant* go without a shower

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Baby Wipes are your friend - pop out at lunch or MTFU...... :ohmy: -

PS I hate cold showers too....shssssh

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Baby wipes are a good substitute, but even better is alcohol hand rub (a little squeezey tub). Wipe all over body, almost as good as a shower.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Cover yourself in roll on antipersperant

Then you're interefering with the body's natural functions.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Moodyman said:
Cover yourself in roll on antipersperant

Then you're interefering with the body's natural functions.

You missed the .....
SubtleWink.jpg

:ohmy:

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Hmm...Baby wipes, antiperspirant, alcohol gel....not sure about any of them as an alternative

I think when all said and done Fossy is right I just need to MTFU.

(or take the motorbike)

ChrisKH

Guru
Alan Whicker said:
Maybe I'm odd, but I love a cold shower after doing some exercise. Makes me feel like I've been plugged into the electric (for about 5 minutes).

OK. I am odd.

+1

Don't have them often but cold showers are incredibly invigorating.

Jezston

Über Member
I cannot STAND cold showers. I just find myself constantly gasping and spasming in shock.

At least they work at all though. First thought on reading this thread was how i would cope if the showers at work were completely kaput. I don't think baby wipes would make me feel clean.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Jezston said:
I cannot STAND cold showers. I just find myself constantly gasping and spasming in shock.
At least they work at all though. First thought on reading this thread was how i would cope if the showers at work were completely kaput. I don't think baby wipes would make me feel clean.

its not so bad when the cold water hits your front...it's actually quite ...er..."invigorating" (Chaps will know what i mean…actually, come to think of it, the ladies probably do as well just in a anatomically selective way!)

Its just when the water runs down your back...it makes me look like my Dad on a dance floor

brokenbetty

Über Member
I've had the odd 6am Monday start, which means the water heaters aren't on after the weekend yet. Cold showers after getting up at 4.30am are adding insult to injury!

Just focus on how nice and warm the air will feel when you get out

Top Bottom