Shows yer pink

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
no not that !!

I'm presently building a fixed and I'm considering a pink powder coat , the options are satin black or that , I just don't wana look " trying for the hipster look when I'm actually 45 and far from a hipster "

Any comments

Are they really the only options?

Most powder coaters should have some leftover colours - ask nicely, there could be some remnants lurking on the back of the shelves.

If memory serves, you would only need about 2 kilos to run the system through and about 1 kilo to do the bike,

Then again, black sounds good for a simple clean look that would be easy to touch in should you need to.

OP
OP
jim55

jim55

Guru
Are they really the only options?

Most powder coaters should have some leftover colours - ask nicely, there could be some remnants lurking on the back of the shelves.

If memory serves, you would only need about 2 kilos to run the system through and about 1 kilo to do the bike,

Then again, black sounds good for a simple clean look that would be easy to touch in should you need to.
I can obv do it most colours, I like the Matt/satin look but everybody has done it to death so a diff colour appeals

dr_pink

Dr_pink could be persuaded to post a pic.

The original dr_pink machine...

dr_pink_zpsnen7gi90.jpg

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The original dr_pink machine...

dr_pink_zpsnen7gi90.jpg

Far better than any Security item on the market. It will never get nicked regardless of where you leave it :0)

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
no not that !!

I'm presently building a fixed and I'm considering a pink powder coat , the options are satin black or that , I just don't wana look " trying for the hipster look when I'm actually 45 and far from a hipster "

Any comments
Personally, I'd go with the satin black..........:smile:

Top Bottom