Shutt No 5 Merino Jersey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
After a recommendation on this site I bought a Shutt No 5 short sleeve cycling jersey. I was interested in the superior wicking properties of wool but have always hated the itchy feel of it.

I sent an enquiry through the web site and one of the companies' partners phoned me to chat through my query rather than just an email reply.

The Shutt No 5 is a traditional club style jersey and while being close fitting isn't too snug. The styling is very nice - looks great.
Quarter zip woks well and doesn't feel like a cheap one that will break easily.
At the bottom of the back is a weighted strip sewn into the hem which stops the jersey riding up as does the relaxed fit in this area.
The usual three pockets at the back, the centre one has a velcro strip so is handy for a phone, etc.
Put the jersey on (and shorts!!) for a quick blast round the country lanes on Sunday and after a forty mile ride the jersey kept me really cool and dry, didn't smell and wasn't itchy at all - very light and soft.
It's not the cheapest jersey at £59, but I'm really happy with it and wouldn't hesistate, funds permitting, to buy another.

Couple of very minor cons - there are a couple of loose, and small in fairness, loops of cotton from the stitching. I thought the neck was slighty too snug when fully zipped up, not that I ever will - I bought a large and I'm a size 16 collar in a std shirt.
Lastly I asked for the delivery to go to my work address and it went to my home, when no-one was in, so it meant a trip across town to pick it up from the sorting office.

It's nice, and rare, these days to find a British company that actually manufactures in this country, better still that they make a good product.
Their jerseys look good, keep you cool and overall are good value.

http://www.shuttvr.com/index.php

Top Bottom