Sick, sick Bastards, Part II

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
My missus who has a colleague who has a 29 year old son.

At about 3:30am, she gets a call from his mobile. The (very official) caller explains that they have his phone and as she is listed as 'mum' is it right that she is next-of-kin?

She says 'yes'.

The caller then explains that he is calling from the emergency services. Her son has been in a bad car accident, and although now at hospital, is critically ill and she should be prepared for the worst. Details follow.

After the call ends, she spends two frantic hours on the phone to all the hospitals, the police etc trying to find out more.

Nothing.

The next morning, her son phones and tells her he had his phone nicked in the pub, so don't bother calling it.

She reckons she aged ten years in five hours.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
with luck it was a genuine call with the thief being mistaken for your colleague's son.

Melvil

Kirstie said:
That is one of the most sick, malicious, evil, nasty things I have ever heard. It's psychopathic. :biggrin:

I agree. I can't really understand what thrills, vicarious or otherwise, a sane human being would get from doing something like this. People like this need to be (a) shown the emotional damage they wreak, if they are the kind of person who thinks this kind of thing is a 'laugh', or (:wacko: if they actually know the hurt they are causing and do it anyway they need treatment from a professional.

papercorn2000

Nasty. I will be e-mailing Santa.

Pete

I can well understand the sentiments, though what happened to us some years ago was very mild by comparison.

Merely that our son's phone was nicked while he was at school, and before he got around to admitting to us that it had been nicked, someone sent a very obscene text from it to my wife's mobile. Luckily, it was so completely out-of-character that she guessed at once what had happened, and challenged our son to own up about his phone being stolen.

This sort of thing is far far worse, and makes me wonder whether the miscreant - if they ever get caught - should be 'banned' in some way from ever owning a telephone: fixed or mobile. After all: we ban irresponsible motorists from driving; ban irresponsible dog-owners from keeping a dog; etc. Is there any way?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Pete said:
This sort of thing is far far worse, and makes me wonder whether the miscreant - if they ever get caught - should be 'banned' in some way from ever owning a telephone: fixed or mobile. After all: we ban irresponsible motorists from driving; ban irresponsible dog-owners from keeping a dog; etc. Is there any way?

Probably impossible. They could probably get hold of a pay as you go without giving a name, or use payphones (if such things still exist in the future). Anyway, it seems driving bans don't work all that well, do they?

I'm becoming a believer in karma. I hope and expect that that person will end up in a bad way sooner or later. If the poor woman had had a heart attack over it all and died (quite possible I would imagine, if she was older, or suseptible), they've have been a murderer in my eyes (although probably not in the eyes of the law). Scumbag.:biggrin:

yenrod

What a **** - the 'people' who did that - but at the same time before I got to the punchline sotospeak I thought that would be the outcome !

Dave5N said:
My missus who has a colleague who has a 29 year old son.

At about 3:30am, she gets a call from his mobile. The (very official) caller explains that they have his phone and as she is listed as 'mum' is it right that she is next-of-kin?

She says 'yes'.

The caller then explains that he is calling from the emergency services. Her son has been in a bad car accident, and although now at hospital, is critically ill and she should be prepared for the worst. Details follow.

After the call ends, she spends two frantic hours on the phone to all the hospitals, the police etc trying to find out more.

Nothing.

The next morning, her son phones and tells her he had his phone nicked in the pub, so don't bother calling it.

She reckons she aged ten years in five hours.

yenrod

Age, Arch, has taught me that Karma does exist and it will get 'you'.

Even to the point that I'll aggressivley deem satisfaction from it when I'm a bit mad about something !!!

Arch said:
Probably impossible. They could probably get hold of a pay as you go without giving a name, or use payphones (if such things still exist in the future). Anyway, it seems driving bans don't work all that well, do they?

I'm becoming a believer in karma. I hope and expect that that person will end up in a bad way sooner or later. If the poor woman had had a heart attack over it all and died (quite possible I would imagine, if she was older, or suseptible), they've have been a murderer in my eyes (although probably not in the eyes of the law). Scumbag.:angry:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I'm sure karma exists. A few regenerations back I 'left home' at 17 after getting one too many beatings from my mums new partner. I plotted revenge but didn't take any steps towards it. 2 months later his business went under, the house was repossessed and they both got prosecuted for embezzlement. And lo! I took an unholy glee in this course of events. Shadenfruede is brilliant.
This scumbag will get what's coming to them.

Top Bottom