Sid Mottram Cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jboy964

Regular
Thank you for letting me join this forum, I have a couple of questions regarding a Sid Mottram bike recently purchased.
It appears to be the bike shown on the Classic Lightweights page https://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/classic_builders/mottram-sid/
Looking for information about the age & history of this bike, does anyone know the owner, pictured in the Classic Lightweights listing?
Any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2408.jpeg
    IMG_2408.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2411.jpeg
    IMG_2411.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2412.jpeg
    IMG_2412.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 32

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Welcome @jboy964
That's a nice looking bike and has similarities with the linked bike

OP
OP
J

jboy964

Regular
Welcome @jboy964
That's a nice looking bike and has similarities with the linked bike

Thank you biggs, I am reasonably confident that it is the same bike. I understand that Mottram frames were made by a variety of makers but would like to find out a little more about this one if possible

pawl

Legendary Member
Sid Mottram cycles had two shops in Leicester Closed many years ago
Last time I passed the old Narborough shop the painted sign on the wall was still there.
Leicester did have several what I would call traditional t cycle shops up to the late sixties early seventies.. By traditional I mean the sort of shop the owner if you asked for some obscure piece such as a screw a mud guard bridge he would disappear into the back of the shop ,have fertal in the ods and sods box and usually found the requested part

Top Bottom