SIDI shoes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
They're well made and last for ages. They also maintain a good after sales service so you can, for instance, get spare buckles for shoes they haven't made in 15 years.

domtyler

Über Member
I hadn't noticed that they are particularly expensive, their best selling Genius is available for a shade over eighty knicker on Wiggle.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Are Techno's still available - who imports them :blush:

domtyler said:
I hadn't noticed that they are particularly expensive, their best selling Genius is available for a shade over eighty knicker on Wiggle.

Noodley

I bought as pair from wiggle a couple of months ago and they were £60-£70
(40-50% big discount I think). Very good shoes IMO. I wore them for the first time on a 600k ride and they were exceedingly comfortable.

I'm on my fifth pair and I buy them because they look nice. They're no better than my cheap Shimanos and they wear out. The heel things are rubbish. The velcro bands are not as good as the little ratchet thingys. But they do look nice.

And, you know what? A hundred quid or more for a pair of shoes is damned expensive. Middle-aged male jewellery. But they look nice.

And, no, I don't wear Rapha.

NickM

Veteran
My Tecnos are the best, most comfortable cycling shoes I have ever had and are still going strong after I-can't-remember-how-many years. Well worth the money.

The main problem with Sidis is the difficulty of finding the model you want in your size, even via special order to your LBS. This, I believe, is because the UK distributor is a crappy little company which cannot afford to maintain a decent stock.

tomb1960

I wonder if they are expensive as they have to fund that really irritating advert on the Eurosport cycling coverage!

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Is it still that West Midlands company ???

Can't recall the name....

NickM said:
My Tecnos are the best, most comfortable cycling shoes I have ever had and are still going strong after I-can't-remember-how-many years. Well worth the money.

The main problem with Sidis is the difficulty of finding the model you want in your size, even via special order to your LBS. This, I believe, is because the UK distributor is a crappy little company which cannot afford to maintain a decent stock.

NickM

Veteran
I seem to remember the word "blue" appearing in the name, but maybe the distributor has changed because it's now called Montesol and is in Middlesex.

Whether that has had a positive effect on availability I don't know.

romans

I wanted a pair as I liked the styling but it was difficult to find info on the net or even in LBS's about sizing. I wanted to know if a wide fitting was available having read it somewhere. I tried a few on but were too narrow. Ended up with Spezialised Road Comp which are a good fit though had to go one size up.

Top Bottom