sidi shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamesxyz

thinking of getting some new road shoes. Generally speaking, what's the fit on sidis? Are they quite narrow or normal? I don' have particularly wide feet but wouldn't say they're narrow either. iif they are narrow ( the shoes not my feet), do people jusrt buy a size bigger?

Garz

Squat Member
AC annoyingly advertises them every commercial on eurosport! :biggrin:

OP
OP
jamesxyz

jamesxyz

yeah but they don't tell you about the fit on the ad and i wanna wear them on my feet not my nob! If i did i'd need a bigger and wider size ( before anybody makes some wise crack to the contrary!lol!

MajorMantra

It's quite to common to have to go a size up but if you want a significantly wider shoe Sidi do a 'Mega' line.

I am usually a size 9 (43) but my Sidis are 44s. It's possible the 43.5 would work but I've never had the opportunity to try one. Shoe sizing is all over the place though - I have a pair of regular shoes also from Italy that fit well in 42.

Guvnor

Best bet is to try them on in a shop rather than buying off the internet, i'm assuming thats where you were thinking of getting them from. I picked up a pair of specialized shoes yesterday and had to go two sizes up from what my normal shoes are. Must say it's one of my better purchases and imo, money well spent.

Willo

I have Sidi shoes (dominator 5s or something like that) and for me a size up from my normal 43 was perfect (size 44). Had problems with most other brands being too narrow but these were perfect (and in standard sizing, not the mega).

However, the brands seem to vary so much that I find I can't really say I'm a particular size, just somewhere around 43/44 so it is a case of trying them. I bought mine online (cycle surgery) and originally ordered 43s, but no problem changing them (in fact they let me take mine into a store).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I normally wear UK size 10. I have fairly broad feet and found I needed Sidi size 45. There is a little room to spare at the end of my toes, but the shoes are a snug fit across the width.

OP
OP
jamesxyz

jamesxyz

:wacko: Right guys - went for the 43s (9) and they fit a treat so no worries there.

Couple of things in the box tho' that I'm not sure about - what's those arrow shaped pieces of sticky 'sandpaper' type stuff for? The instructions say its an 'anti-slip adhesive' and I should 'stick it on the plate of the chosen pedal' :biggrin:

Also is the 'reinforcement plate' stuff necessary? My Look Keo cleats just bolt on the bottom of my other shoes, none of this cutting out bits of the inside of my lovely new shoes.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Crankarm

Guru
Sorry no, but my Campag cleats are bolted onto the underside of my Sidi shoes. Had mine about 10 years and they are so good. I take them so much for granted that I never think of them. I love putting them on as they are such a good fit and sooo comfortable. The ratchets have performed faultlessly. They are black with Sidi's red logo on the side. I bought them at Condor who had all the sizes and widths so got a perfect fit. One of my best cycling accessory purchases second only to the Brompton :becool:. You get what you pay for. Sidi are simply the best cycling shoes one can buy IMHO. I had some Time shoes before which seemed good, but then I started riding lots and began to hate them. They could never keep my feet from moving and gave me blisters although they were my size.....

Enjoy your Sidi shoes.

Fairweather

lukesdad said:
Always had Sidis and Ive got wide flat feet take an 8 and find sidi s are spot on for size for me.

Do you know anywhere in the South Wales area where I can try some Sidi shoes? Bought a pair mail order - nowhere near the right fit (ordered same size as my Shimano ones) so want to go to a shop to try them on and buy them.
Emailed Sidi UK to find out who are dealers - no reply! The website said Cyclopedia in Cardiff are dealers, apparently not for 6yrs!!!!.

Am thinking maybe getting Northwave Airlite instead as County Cycles (my LBS) have them in all sizes to try on.......

Top Bottom