Sidi shots-cracked sole

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nalimugmug

Hi,

My son's Sidi shots have cracked just forward of the cleat, this being the shoe on the foot that is always last to clip in and the one to steady at traffic lights or when stopping, as luck would have it they are a few months out of warranty. Sidi are not interested as Chain Reaction approached them on my behalf. All credit to CR they have offered a discount on whatever is required from their store over the next 12 months, nice people.

My sons Fizik winter shoes have come out from hibernation, so he's still able to ride.

These Sidi shoes are too good to be thrown out, any suggestions on how to repair the crack?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Speak to a carbon fibre repair company. Rob Hayles cam do wonders with CF.

https://carbon-concepts.co.uk/

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nalimugmug

Hi,

Thanks for the link, a talented man by sure, but nothing cycling repair wise that I could see in there that would help me with my issue.

I've touched base with two Carbon Fibre repair shops, one wasn't really interested, the other quoted £100 to repair the crack-ouch.

So into the web I went and purchased some epoxy resin that bonds CF, and I've done the job myself, will it last? Who knows, but at £10.99 it's worth a try.

I've tried flexing the repaired crack with excessive force, and it's not moving at all.

What I purchased attached.

Ride safe everybody.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom