Sigma BC 1200 wireless cycle computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax - I had the same computer with exactly the same problem... changed all the batteries, even tho the little green light was coming on, but still temperamental.

This was my second wireless computer and both had lasted less than a year... LBS replaced the first one but it took a couple of weeks after they sent it back to the suppliers. I couldn't be bothered to return the Sigma and just replaced it with a wired Cateye Mity 8. So far so good.

I had a sigma wireless and it was awful. Calling it tempramental implies it worked more than it really did. Returned it and was reimbursed, Couldn't operate the switches manually and had to resort to using a pen or similar. Ended up putting a hole through the rubber cover. It was a lottery as to whether it would work or not.

The cat eye I was given for christmas is working a treat (but I haven't sussed out how to set the time tho' :biggrin: )

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Well, I obviously have a duff 'en then! How much are these Cateye computers? I've made a New Years Resolution not to buy anything else for the bike unless absolutely necessary (I spend more than twice the money I save on Petrol by cycling, on - cycling accessories!!!).

bonj2

Plax - I once tried a wireless one and it worked indoors and when it was quite warm, but if it was cold it wouldn't work. Depending on your shift, the ambient temperature could be the reason yours works on the way but not on the way home again?
More trouble than they're worth imho. in fact I think it's pretty much unanimous. Don't be afraid to take it back to the shop saying it doesn't work and ask for your money back

I did have a wireless computer, but it was giving false readings especially when I cycled under electric cables.I suppose that's what you get from buying a cheap £5.99 cycle computer from ebay.
I have a Cat eye Strada now, which I have never had any problems with it

ash68

think I'm the only one who's pleased with my sigma 'puter.Got it for nowt when i subscribed to cycling+. IT's on to it's second winter and needed only 1 battery so far. After reading all the other posts I'm just waiting for it to go wrong now:sad:

Top Bottom