Sigma - Chas Roberts Picture heavy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A few people may have seen this up for sale recently on A N Other cycling forum , soon as i saw that seat cluster .

It's a Sigma branded bike from 1995, custom built (I'm told) for the first owner to use in races and triathalon by Chas Roberts. I've seen other references on the web to Roberts building bikes for Sigma; it has his signature on the chainstay and a frame no. consistent with Chas'.

531 Competition f&f, full Shimano 105 (8 speed version) inc. hubs, Promax E headset, Mavic MA2 rims (36h), ITM bar and stem, look pedals. Needs a good clean, it still has sticky residue from race numbers in places .

100_6413.jpg
100_6407.jpg
100_6408.jpg
100_6409.jpg
100_6410.jpg
100_6411.jpg
100_6412.jpg
i was power less to fight my urges :laugh: .

AndyRM

XOXO
That's lovely! Looks fast just sitting there.

That's pretty lush:thumbsup::becool:.

I am resisting the urges to get another steelie* or even say a nice US made Cannondale caad;would be a bit sacreligous though and probably fit modernish kit to it,was smitten by a nice older frame that had been done up with modern kit(Campy chorus and Shamals I think,can't remember the frame) at Streetlife Norwich last year.

*Also have been told that if anything comes in somethings got to go out so it would prob be the the Icarus:ohmy:;now that's a thought:idea:,flog the Icarus frame and fit the 105 and Zondas on to a nice 531 or columbus framed steelie:whistle:.

That's pretty lush:thumbsup::becool:.

.....I am resisting the urges to get another steelie* or even say a nice US made Cannondale caad;would be a bit sacreligous though and probably fit modernish kit to it.
There's nothing sacrilegious about bringing a nice steel frame back to life - modernish, or even m-o-d-e-r-n (don't wanna frighten the "old" people lol) is fine in my book if it's going to be ridden. Of course, period or even original is also good

gave this its first non commute ride earlier today its a flyer for sure

could be a difficult decision when the time comes round
well obviously it's fast, it is red!
Good job that corn cob of a cassette has 8 speeds, what's its lowest ratio?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
looks like some new tyres have been ordered for this one but first i want to swap a rear wheel over to see if the rear mech can handle a 30 rear sprocket as its present one is to tight in ratio for hills :laugh:

looks like some new tyres have been ordered for this one but first i want to swap a rear wheel over to see if the rear mech can handle a 30 rear sprocket as its present one is to tight in ratio for hills :laugh:
can't see it being an issue, I've run a couple of 28t using a rx100 derailleur with no problems

Top Bottom