Signs you are doing well financially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Aldi and Lidl prices are lower due to the fact they only stock one version of an item whereas Tesco etc stock numerous different brands of an item in various different sizes. As such their suppliers know the product will sell in greater quantity and can therefore offer it a lower price. Aldi were pretty annoyed over Sainsbury's price matching as the quality of the Sainsbury's goods was, in Aldi's opinion, not as good.

This is Aldi's bog standard corned beef. They've also got a "deli" version which is much closer to the Tesco price.

As with anything, shop around - price and quality of product don't always tally.

gbb

Legendary Member
Aldi and Lidl prices are lower due to the fact they only stock one version of an item whereas Tesco etc stock numerous different brands of an item in various different sizes. As such their suppliers know the product will sell in greater quantity and can therefore offer it a lower price. Aldi were pretty annoyed over Sainsbury's price matching as the quality of the Sainsbury's goods was, in Aldi's opinion, not as good.

This is Aldi's bog standard corned beef. They've also got a "deli" version which is much closer to the Tesco price.

As with anything, shop around - price and quality of product don't always tally.
Food is a funny one.
I like Asda own brand Wheat biscuits, I like Weetabix, but it's twice the price. I actually once tried both at the same sitting. The asda biscuits tasted very slightly different, but just as good as weetabix.
Equally there are some foods I simply won't buy, simply because they don't taste as good...no matter the price point. I suspect it's the same for everyone. Its not necessarily that the quality is lower with one or the other, it's simply taste for.me personally.
The Aldi being upset with Sainsburys for matching prices made me chuckle, talk about double standards, they didn't mind sticking one up M&S with their caterpillar cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom