Silence is golden

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
There was a rattle coming from behind me on my Adventure HD which was driving me mad as I could not locate anything loose and being behind it was difficult to pinpoint. Eventually as a last resort I delved into the seat pocket and found some tyre levers and a multitool as well as a pack of 2032 batteries. Took them all out and wrapped everything in a rag. Problem solved as was I out this morning on my usual route in complete silence.

My rear mudguard rattles on my adventure ,but just whistle louder

In one of Bettina Selby’s cycling travelogues she gave up on trying to track down odd noises and decided that it was the bike singing because it was happy. From what I can recall she made some pretty impressive journeys without mishap, so I reckon she must have been right!

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
I went out on the Qnt the other day without having the dog & trailer.

Silence, beautiful silence and a lot easier on the uphill bits.:becool:

Regarding the rear mudguard rattling!

I have found that it's the little mudflap that makes all the noise when the rivet gets loose.

I epoxied mine and drilled an extra hole for a second bolt (a bit belt and braces) but it has worked for the last 3 years in blissful silence.
Did it on the front ones too as they're renowned for rattling.
HTH

I went out on the Qnt the other day without having the dog & trailer.

Silence, beautiful silence and a lot easier on the uphill bits.:becool:

Regarding the rear mudguard rattling!

I have found that it's the little mudflap that makes all the noise when the rivet gets loose.

I epoxied mine and drilled an extra hole for a second bolt (a bit belt and braces) but it has worked for the last 3 years in blissful silence.
Did it on the front ones too as they're renowned for rattling.
HTH
Same problem with annoying rattle from rear mudguard on my ice adventure

Top Bottom