Silly competitive streak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill-H

slow and steady
My stepdaughters boyfriend has been road biking for about 4 months now.
He is 15 years my junior and until recently I could outpace him on most rides,he has now blown me away on our last 3 rides together.
Sunday he visited and rode via my commute home route and smashed my strava times.
So of course I heartily congratulated him !!
Today on way home turned my lungs inside out was sick on front grass legs are jelly but beat him on all the segments home from where he joined my route.
However he will beat me again and this time he can keep them lol

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Aaaaagghh.. getting old huh? Does that to ya.
I always remember me beating jnr on the original Playstation at all the games. I used to always say to him "You can't beat yer dad" Until that is he turned about 15 when I refused to play him at anything ever again as he started to whop me arse at them all.

J1780

Just pretend that you've moved on from all that carry on you've been there got the tshirt blah blah blah but now you see the higher purpose in cycling and look down with pity at all those wizz kids speeding past as if you're standing there. How you laugh at all they are missing out on because they don't have the time to look. Try it anyway!!!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Ah, just lower his seat by 12mm or so and let a little of the air out of his back tyre... that'll just take the edge off his speed and climbing ability enough to keep up.

She will tire of him.

Who'd stay with a chap who felt it necessary to cycle faster than his beloved's stepfather?

But in case she doesn't, do the seat-height thing and grease his brakes.

And bend his front mech. He won't know until a fast bit or a descent.

Seriously.

He has no manners.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I don't have a daughter but if my son ever brings a girl home who can beat me on a bike...

I'll tell him she's a keeper. ^_^

His current girlfriend isn't a cyclist, but her dad is - apparently, he rode LEL. Damn him. It'll take quite an effort to outdo that.

Top Bottom