silly cycle "sport" question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dora

I had a brilliant dream the other night that I was drag hunting, playing the part of the "fox", but I was on my bike, and the rest of the pack chasing me were on bikes too. All dressed in proper hunting attire.
Does such a thing exist? (obviously, not necessarily with participants dressed in stocks and pink coats!)

stephec

Legendary Member
Had you been eating cheese before bedtime? :smile:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Dont they do similar in every flat stage of the Tour De France.

They let a couple of "foxes" head off with a 5 minute lead and then the peleton "or pack of dogs" chases them down in the last 5 km.

OP
OP
Dora

Dora

My son acted as the fox for a hunting group in Cambridge. He had to do a 10k run across fields and farm yards and was pursued by real huntsmen (and presumably women) dressed in red with top hats. Lucky for him he wasn't savaged by a pack of dogs at the end - ultimately ending up stuffed on some toff's wall.
I always thought (in drag hunting, at least, and with the possible exception of the field master) the fox had the best part in the day!

zizou

Veteran
there is a similar game to this but only involving trail runners - one gets sent out and leaves a trail and the others have to track and catch them. Cant remember what its called though!

OP
OP
Dora

Dora

I'm sure it's great fun but I think I'll stick to riding my tourer through the country lanes!! Seeing grown men in lycra is enough of a shock to the senses without having to look at toffs in full hunting regalia.

Why do you think they run?? :evil:

OP
OP
Dora

Dora

there is a similar game to this but only involving trail runners - one gets sent out and leaves a trail and the others have to track and catch them. Cant remember what its called though!

A paperchase?

colly

Re member eR
Drag hunting !

I wondered why that transvestite was belting frantically across the countryside with a pack of dogs after him.

Sounds kind of medieval to me. You know in today's more liberal society it is something I would have expected to have died out.

Top Bottom