Silly Cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is hard to describe so please bear with me. Coming in to Carlisle is a duel carriageway. At a set of traffic lights, at a busy junction it becomes a four lane road with a slip road either side of the two main lanes. Approaching this junction on the right hand slip road, comes a cyclist in strong blustery conditions. Amazingly, he is sitting high and does not have his hands on the bars, the traffic lights are in his favour so he steers right and then turns straight left in front of three lanes of traffic and bunny hops on to a pavement / cycle lane beside a pedestrian crossing and continues towards Carlisle. Still with no hands on the bars and moving reasonably fast. Don’t know whether he was brave, stupid, drunk or on drugs but he give cyclists a bad name and a lot of motorists and pedestrians a scare.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
You certainly get them..... I've just seen one 20 minutes ago steer out from the kerb to turn right at the traffic lights in front of a car without looking. The car had hardly got going, so a bent wheel and some spoiled food was the result, another Cambridge language student.....

You're right, they do give cyclists a bad name.

flying start

Veteran
I managed to to get out to night in Carlisle to mised all the showers anyway I was about 5 minutes from home when I was coming upto a left turn ( junction) cars waiting to turn down same road when two lads came flying off the pavement right over the junction not looking to see if any thing was turning Luckly the car turning was going slow and slammed the brakes on and the two lads just joked about it (bad cyclists give us good ones a bad name)

This is hard to describe so please bear with me. Coming in to Carlisle is a duel carriageway. At a set of traffic lights, at a busy junction it becomes a four lane road with a slip road either side of the two main lanes. Approaching this junction on the right hand slip road, comes a cyclist in strong blustery conditions. Amazingly, he is sitting high and does not have his hands on the bars, the traffic lights are in his favour so he steers right and then turns straight left in front of three lanes of traffic and bunny hops on to a pavement / cycle lane beside a pedestrian crossing and continues towards Carlisle. Still with no hands on the bars and moving reasonably fast. Don’t know whether he was brave, stupid, drunk or on drugs but he give cyclists a bad name and a lot of motorists and pedestrians a scare.

I think the cause of his behaviour may be in your first line.

He'd thrown down his cycling glove at the feet of another road user and was looking for satisfaction.

Just a guess....:sad:

Top Bottom