Silly o'clock starts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

perplexed

Guru
:hello:

DRHysted

Guru
Doesn't effect my riding. In fact most of my mileage is getting to work and home. Just means when I'm on day shifts I have to get up at 3:45 instead of 4:30.
Just waiting for my relief, and then I'll be bombing home for bed.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I did 6 - 14:30 and 14:30 - 23:00 shifts for a while.
I did ride to station, train and ride from Liverpool Street to Trafalgar Square for 6:00. I managed to get halfway home before tiredness kicked in and I got the train for the last bit. Lates were OK, plenty of time for the 20 mile ride in. Going home, I would get as far as Barking before the idiots on the road made me get the train. I would normally go CS3 down the A13, but there are sections of that I didn't particularly like in daylight. :sad:

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I haven't done crazy hours since I quit care / support work, but I do now get up earlier than I need to in order to extend my commute each morning, or at least I try to! What I find even more shocking is that I'm seriously considering knocking my Saturday bottle of wine on the head so I can get up at 5am on Sundays for a ride. Last weekend I had spun 60 miles by 10.30am, which felt GREAT!

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm on normal days now but when I started this warehouse job I was on permanent late's working 10am to 6:45pm, that lasted about 18 months. It was OK at first, I liked the lay in, but it screwed up most things in the evenings and I was getting pissed off with it towards the end, though it didn't affect the cycling much.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
5am - 1pm ish for me. It's actually better for riding, as I get a bit more daylight after work :biggrin:

And much better than 8-4 or 9-5 bollocks

Top Bottom